setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required - Page 3

[Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:57 pm

I cocked a brow, wondering how it was possible for someone, a wolf to be so oblivious to their lands secrets. Maybe she spent her time reading books on how to be a sarcastic twat instead of exploring the land and hunting. It was either that or she was just flat out fucking lying to me. You gotta keep those mood swings in check. You're starting to fucking give me whiplash. One second she was some harlot hitman straight out of hell with my name on her work order sheet, demon horns and all. And the next second she was acting chummy and talking to me about the fucking landscape. Fuck with these wolves multiple personalities it felt like I was running two packs, not one.

A familiar scent reached my nose before I even heard anything. I wanted so bad to fucking smile. Not because I was happy but just because my luck was absolute fucking shit. At this point there was no point in throwing a goddamned tantrum over it, I just wanted to laugh every single fucking time something didn't go my way. I didn't acknowledge her presence, not yet anyway. I was too busy trying to keep myself from telling my ancestors to go fuck themselves for cursing me with such shitty fucking luck.

I'd ask you if you've been living under a rock, but to be quite honest I don't give a fuck where you've been living. I put more distance between myself and her, finally hitting an edge, an edge that prevented me from moving any further. It is nice though. I admitted as I turned my back to her and reached up to scratch Oveyx behind her ear. It didn't last long before I let my hands fall and I just looked at her before turning back around. It wasn't like I wasn't surprised that she was here... To be quite fucking honest the view of Olympia was much better. Wet white top and all... Wolf form didn't really excite me.

I had ignored saying anything to her for a reason. I didn't want to say anything to her until she shifted and got in. Before I even knew it I had ruined that little plan by responding... Privacy from what exactly? I think we both know that's something that doesn't exist. I paused, realizing what I had just said. Yeah, Oveyx was the only mind reader here but it didn't make it any less fucking awkward. The wounds on my chest were clean, they healed with barely visible scarring, but it still made me fucking paranoid to even reference the intrusive shit that had been happening to me. Especially not here. I added, avoiding eye contact with either of them.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:38 pm

I needed to start some kind of running list on reasons why I hated Onyx. Number 1) he's a total fucking dickhead. 2) He's impossible to please. I'll admit I was a bit of a bitch to him - but his response to my bitchiness totally deserved all the bitchiness I could send his way. Instead, I was the bigger wolf and in the interest of civility I submitted. (Which, you should know. I do not do). And was he happy? No. No he was fucking not. I didn't want to be his friend. I didn't want to talk to him. Period. But I realized that he was the master of this pack, and so I tried to play nice. WHAT WAS FUCKING WRONG WITH THAT? I deserved some fucking reward for not reading his journal thing anyway.

The sad thing was, I would have been perfectly happy living under a rock. Rocks provide shelter from the elements but also provide easy access to the forest. If I weren't such a people person I probably would have packed my bags and moved into a cave ages ago. Just as long as I could take Sparky with me.

I smelled a wolf approaching and turned at the sound of a snapping branch to see a female with a gorgeous white coat. I didn't think we had met before, but it was hard to tell. Most of my interaction with the pack took place at One Shot. I was expecting her to turn but instead I was surprised when her voice vibrated through my mind. It felt a little weird to be having a one-sided conversation with her in wolf form, but at least she wasn't a total fucking bitch (like a certain alpha).

Geez, I've only been here a few months. We're surrounded by acres of forest, and I stumbled on this place by chance. It's not really that strange that it took me so long. Plus, if you'll remember, I may or may not have been avoiding the cliffs area in general. Coincidence or not, it hadn't been remotely close to any of my hikes for the past few months. The fact that I had found it on this day had more to do with the fact that I had been heading home from Seattle and happened to stop nearby.

I watched Onyx scratch the female behind the ears. It was a strange gesture, at least to me. It reminded me of how he had protected me at the bar and how we had worked together when Gio was changing. It was like he had this switch - one second he was this pompous bitch and the next he was a true alpha. And he thought he had whiplash.

I listened to his spiel about the lack of privacy. I could understand his need for privacy, and see why he might not have any. My own upbringing had bred a need for my own space in me. That was what the forest in general had become. When my dad took became so overbearing on my skiing career, I started realizing what solitude a night under the stars could bring. After my accident I started spending days at a time camping. I would bring along a bottle of jack or two (I was an idiot, I'll admit it) and I felt completely liberated. The alcohol dependency has ended, but the camping has not. I dunno, maybe this place specifically doesn't provide much solitude, but a good couple of days camping out in the middle of nowhere might buy you a little. I said.

Anyway, I don't think we've met? I said to the white wolf. I'm Olympia.

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:41 am

Shit, I really wanted to just fucking laugh right now. I mean, their thoughts had started filtering in as soon as I was within range but I hadn't really taken the time to process them or anything like that. Now that I had, well, fuck it was kinda funny. I felt like I was watching third party something that I was usually taking part in. Seriously, she'd called Onyx a fucking bitch. That was fucking funny even if it had only been in her head, no way around that. I mean, shit if I hadn't been so fucking shocked about her not thinking I was the fucking bitch I'd have found it even funnier. 

I looked her over again, ears pricked and head tilting to the side slightly as I observed her. I'd never been any fucking good with faces anyway. Just then I felt a hand behind my ear, making me almost fucking jump. What the- fuck, what was he doing scratching my goddamned ear. The worst part was that it actually felt good- stupid fucking wolf body. "Watch it if you wanna keep that hand, I'm not a fucking house pet." I growled a little, making a snap towards his hand as he drew it away, but the weirdest part was that I realized I was fucking joking. And you could tell I was joking. Like right now I just didn't fucking care about being petted or shit like that. But I would bite him if he did it again. The she-wolf's thought reaching me a second later were interesting. He was acting like a true alpha, huh? Right, I'd just thought he was being fucking ironic.

I cut off my thoughts from Onyx for a moment so only Blondie would hear. "Pompous bitch? Funny." I thought, letting out a bark of laughter before switching back to both of them being able to hear me. But already I was getting fucking annoyed with this. Shit, every moment I had to keep focus on keeping my own thoughts to myself, it was fucking irritating beyond belief. "Figures, that why I guessed short time living here. Fucking crazy isn't it? A place like Index having so many secrets." I wasn't just talking about the scenery either. I'd grown up here, and it'd been smaller then. I'd never have fucking guessed at all the shit that actually happened here.

His thoughts had me glancing towards the female. White top, what the fuck was he talking ab- oh, right. I looked for a second before shaking my head. Fuck, he really was fucking predictable. Like, laughably predictable. Knowing that he was waiting for me to shift was probably the only reason I didn't right now, it was just fucking amusing. What he actually ended up saying though? Less funny. "Fuck it, yeah I guess it doesn't. Goes both ways though." Nobody really had any fucking privacy, but especially not him. I followed his thoughts, glancing at his chest before letting out a huff of air through my nose, like a fucking wolf sigh or some shit. Fuck, I was planning on turning anyway, this was NOT out of fucking pity or anything like that. I shuffled forward and slipped into the water directly in front of me, shifting as soon as I was fully under and surfacing, brushing hair back out of my face and looking towards the female. Nah, only place you get privacy is your own damned house, and even then not always. I shrugged, thinking that of all the things you'd want 'privacy' for nudity was one you'd want to get over really fucking fast if you were a wolf. I ignored how close I was to Onyx seeing as he'd moved closer when he'd been doing his petting shit. I wouldn't be the one to fucking move like I had some sort of fucking problem. He could do that.

For a second I glanced towards Onyx and I just could fucking help my thoughts wandering in the direction of the last time we'd been, uh... undressed. Fuck it, no I wasn't going to let something fucking stupid like that make me uncomfortable. It didn't fucking bother me anyway, just whatever to the whole thing. I leaned against the side of the hot spring, my right arm raised a gripping the edge so I could keep balanced. My injured arm just floated but the relief from that was better than I'd fucking expected. Goldilocks spoke again, making me smirk a little. I'm Peyton. Olympia, huh? Sounds like some kinda Greek mythology shit. I'd dropped the 'O' shit as soon as I'd been able, but if some people wanted to hang on to that then it was their business, not mine.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:46 pm

Strange? Nah it wasn't that fucking strange. I mean really if I thought about it, being mentally slow and lazy wasn't entirely uncommon among a large chunk of the female commune. Hell I'd be surprised if half of them even stepped foot in any other business other than One Shot on their down time. In fact most of the wolves were fucking animals, not that living off the land was something to be ashamed of. Living like hill people probably was, but I guess maybe we had an excuse. They, I guess maybe they had an excuse. I guess not.

I didn't reply to Oveyx' attitude, she fucking liked it. She just didn't like that I was the one doing it. Her fucking ego was suffocating sometimes. Speaking of ego I didn't know where mine went. I had gone silent. My eyes were occupied with plenty of fan-fucking-tastic things to look at, but my mind wasn't really thinking about it. It was purely visual. Arguing with her on privacy was fucking pointless, she had no clue just how little privacy and freedom she had. No on knew it. The whole topic was sickening, and I gladly accepted the opportunity of a new one.

You mean like the Olympians? The twelve or something like that? I immediately thought of Odin. The story he told me when we were on our trip to Douglas. They were wolves yanno. I smirked, saying just how he had said it to me. Born after the first three. Dunno if Odin was pullin' one of his cryptic ass lessons that never really went anywhere on me or not but that's what he told me. It seemed fucking true. I mean after finding out a shit load of mythological shit was actually real it made a lot of fucking sense.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:55 pm

I laughed when the wolf snapped at Onyx. Seemed like common sense not to pet a wolf (even our kind), but then again it didn't seem like Onyx had much of that. It did seem like some kind of personal victory that he had let off about me being late to the party. Mr. High-and-Mighty needed to get off his high fucking horse and stop being so difficult just 'cause I disrespected him or whatever. In my book, you don't just respect someone because they're in authority. Respect is earned.

It took me a second to realize that the female had read my mind and then responded without him hearing. I wondered what kind of price you had to pay for that kind of power. Her knowing my thoughts was pretty weird though. Here I was thinking that privacy existed in the world and it turned out that some chick was reading my thoughts the whole time. Fucking ironic. Then I realized that I could probably think something towards her. "You laugh, but you don't deny it" I smirked. If she heard me then great. If she didn't then she would never know, now would she? But I would prefer it if she stayed out of my head. I liked my privacy and my ability to mentally shit on Onyx without anyone knowing.

You can call me Arden if you're not into the whole second name shit or whatever. I figured if she was going to give me her human name or whatever I should give her mine. Didn't matter which one she called me anyway. I answered to both.

Huh. I always assumed they were just myth or whatever so the Greeks could explain shit. I shrugged. Olympia is actually the name of a Greek city and one in Washington and there's a mountain too. It kind of felt fitting that I be name after a mountain, all things considered. Plus Olympia was like the place where the original Olympic games were held. Also fitting in a depressing kind of way.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics