setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:11 pm

Thread Details

Hidden Hot Springs | Unknown | Sunset

OOC Message

I watched my breath coming out of my mouth in puffs as I inhaled and exhaled in a steady rhythm. In. Out. In. Out. Walk. Walk. Walk. Walk. In. Walk. Out. Walk. The steadiness of my hike and the quietness of the forest around me kept me sane. This hadn't been a planned hike but it was a necessary one. I had been on my way home from a short trip into Seattle when I decided to take a little detour into the woods where I was now bushwhacking into the great unknown.

I hadn't been in the woods for an extremely long time, but I was losing daylight. Not that that was necessarily a problem - I could take care of myself after all. The sun was beginning to set behind the mountains and sky was turning a brilliant orange. I had a vague idea of my location but none whatsoever of the geography so I was surprised when I came upon some kind of spring. I had a vague idea of my approximation to the den but hadn't heard of any kind of natural spring being here.

I stepped closer carefully, making my way to the edge of the water and staring down at my reflection. I could see steam or something coming off of the surface of the water so I squatted down and dipped a finger into the water to find that it was warm. On a day like this finding a hot spring was like finding a gold mine. I wasn't prepared to take a swim but I figured that if worst came to worst I could wolf up and run to the den or home or something so I stripped into my underclothes and waded into the balmy water. It was like taking a bath in the middle of a forest without the tub - perfect.

You know that saying about weight being lifted off someone's shoulders? I had this feeling similar to that where I reminded myself that my troubles could wait at least another hour while I soaked in the hot water of the spring. My brother's hot & cold attitude, the pack - essentially everything - could wait. I floated on my back, staring up at that brilliant orange sky.

A new rhythm was beating in sync with my heart ... Perfect. Perfect. Perfect. I was definitely coming back to this place.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Open-2] Sanity - Maintenance Required

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:48 pm

I shook the dirt from my fur before continuing up the hill. I had caught the sent of a fanger miles ago but lost it somewhere in the hills. It was fading the further I climbed, which told me it was descending. That was all I cared about. I wasn't looking for a fight tonight, but keeping leeches away from our territory was unfortunately something that couldn't be ignored. It needed to be done. Not that it would have a chance against the wolves at the den anyway. Outnumbered was an understatement.

My wolf feet kept carrying me upwards. I know the hot springs were near and after that turn I needed something to relax my muscles. Each turn was getting worse. As a wolf aged turns became easier, less painful, even faster. But since that night at the pub my turns were going backwards. It felt more and more like the first time each time. I was losing control of them too. In fact, I wasn't even sure if was going to be able to hold it back on the next full moon.

I was nearing the entrance when a more familiar scent caught my attention. I guess I wouldn't be alone... When I stepped inside I didn't see a face, just a body. It was alive, it was female, and it was a pacific pack wolf. There was no danger here, so I did the only logical thing I could thing to do. I jumped into the water, completely submerged as wolf, and surfaced as man. I shook the hair on my head, flinging the excess water from it and used my hands to push it back. But then I finally realized who it was... I haven't seen you in a while.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:05 pm

The heat was glorious. I was completely unengaged, muscles relaxed, eyes closed, just floating there peacefully - completely off guard (which was stupid but true). Well, peacefully until a big something - or someone - jumped in and water sloshed over my face and into my nose. After some undignified coughing I wiped the water from my eyes and opened them to find myself facing who else but Onyx. Of course it would make perfect sense that one of the reasons I was in this fucking pool would come to find me after I convinced myself that my problems could wait. Though Onyx was less "my" problem as much as "a" problem, the book he gave me definitely fit into the former category.

That stupid journal thing Onyx had given to me was sitting in a drawer in my bedroom away from Landon's prying eyes and awaiting my decision about whether to read it or not. I had managed to stay away from it so far but the longer it sat there the more tempted I was to take a peek. Just one peek. At least now I could honestly say I hadn't directly disobeyed my alpha. Despite my snark he could potentially deliver some pretty serious punishment if he wanted.

I just looked at him for a few seconds before saying anything. He was naked, probably just came out of wolf form. Muscular build typical of most wolves. Not bad on the eyes but I pretty much stopped really being attracted to him within moments of joining the pack. No, I guess not. I said, looking at him somewhat cautiously considering our personal history, although he seemed pretty calm.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:30 pm

I guess it must just be coincidence that I haven't seen you since I gave you something personal of mine. I said as I moved around her. White top... Wet top... Distracting... I guess it's a good thing I found you then because I'll be needing that back, tonight. I had finally made my way completely behind her, yanno, where she didn't have tits, where a wet white top wouldn't distract me.

Did you read it? I asked, fully knowing if she did she would probably lie about it anyway. I moved forward, closer to her. You had to have been curious. I said lowly, smiling the entire time. Obviously I would be fucking pissed off if she did but I couldn't say I didn't expect it. It wasn't like she would understand what was written inside anyway, it was almost all written in another language, one that couldn't be read and understood just by doing a google search. Fuck, I didn't even know if it was a language that even existed anymore.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:50 pm

Coincidence or ordained by the gods... take your pick, I suppose. I said. It was quite possible I had been subconsciously avoiding him. I had assumed I would have seen him before this, considering that I work at the bar he frequents, so it wasn't quite a conscious thing, but I can't say that I was disappointed not to have seen him.

I don't know if you're under the impression that I keep it on me or what, but I was in the middle of enjoying myself before you got here and would like to get back to that, so maybe some other time. Or not... I would be perfectly fine with never meeting him again. That was sounding perfectly reasonable at the moment.

He was closer now, probably trying to intimidate me or something. I rolled my eyes, how predictable. I was hoping he would give silence a try just for a change of pace, y'know?. I might've been curious, but I'm not stupid, so no I didn't read the fucking journal. Happy? I should've read it just to disrespect him. Curse my cautiousness.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics