setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Hurts Like Hell

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:15 pm

Flashes of pain, the feeling of impacts against my skin. Sharp metal slicing my skin and burning in the path it left. The smell of a corpse, the stink making my nose burn. Making me feel like I needed to throw up just in reaction to it- just to get rid of it. Then there was no smell at all. No smell because I couldn't breathe. I didn't have lungs anymore, my mouth worked uselessly, fighting the inevitable. Couldn't breathe because I was running, chasing something. Red hair flashed in the distance-

My eyes opened suddenly, whatever I'd been dreaming about fading away to nothing almost immediately. For a second I thought it was a relief. But then the fucking aches of my body filtered back in. The memories came after, playing back through my mind in a disjointed way like they were some kind of fucked up slideshow. 

How the fuck had I let that happen? How could I not have won? If there was one thing I could do it was take care of myself. I never lost, never like this. Never in a way that left me so fucked up, so aware of my own fucking failures. I glared at the wall beside the bed, gradually registering that it wasn't the wall of my trailer. This wasn't my bed. Then something else finally sunk in. I was alive. Which meant-

I stilled as I became aware of more breathing in the room, the sound of it filling me with a clusterfuck of conflicting emotions that I was to drained to make sense of or even fucking push away. I tried turning over, automatically trying to raise myself with the left arm I was lying on, gasping loudly when pain shot up my arm. I couldn't move it, not without dealing with just fucking agony. For a second I forgot anything other than that, fixating on it. What did that mean? Fuck, was I some sort of fucking cripple now? 

Gradually I calmed down again, using my good arm to reach over and push myself and roll to my other side. Only then did I look at him, even though I'd known he was there. If he hadn't been then I wouldn't have fucking been there. I'd be dead in that fucking forest. What did you even say knowing that. I cleared my throat.

Hey. When I tried to say more I just... couldn't.

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private] Hurts Like Hell

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:30 pm

I had learned a long time ago to not question Orazio's practices. He did shit a really fucking weird and creepy way, like he got some sick joy out of sticking people with needles and giving them meds that make them fucked up beyond all recognition, but he got the fucking job done. In a way maybe he was like me, maybe I didn't do shit the ethical way but fuck could you complain when I got the job done? Shit Odin did shit the ''ethical'' way but that fucking guy didn't accomplish anything in his life. I was the lesser of two evils. What more could you ask for on this god forsaken fucking planet?

I had been itching for a cigarette since we had arrived, which was fucking forever ago but he needed my help and I couldn't find a break. And now that she was starting to come to it just didn't feel right lighting up. ''Hey welcome back to life, here's a cloud of smoke''. Yeah it felt fucking wrong. Shit I had some respect, it was just usually buried beneath a mountain of ''fuck you's''.

Hey? That was all she fucking had to say you've got to be fucking kidding me. She was wrapped up in some fucking body cast like Mulan when she was discovered as a woman and all she had to say was hey? Fuck I needed to stop watching cartoons with Penny...

Listen, I'm not going to mention the fact that you called me in the middle of the goddamned night to come save your ass. I'm not going to mention that I was actually sleeping for the first time in what feels like weeks when you woke me up. I'm not going to mention I got a nice face full of mud trying to get you to my truck, and I'm not even going to ask you what the fuck the crazy shit you were saying while you were out meant. I sighed and draped another blanket over her without a second thought. Can you just fucking tell me what the fuck happened?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:50 pm

How could I even fucking begin to explain what happened? Aside from the fact I really didn't want to admit I'd been beaten but- shit with the fucking state I was in I couldn't exactly deny it. What the hell was saving face worth anyway? I glanced at my arm again, not answering him just yet. Fuck this, I was in control of my own body, I always had been. I moved my arm, immediately hissing in pain and letting it drop back down again. Great, just fucking great.

You should see the other guy. I joked, wincing at how my voice sounded, my throat dry like it was made of fucking sandpaper. I looked around, trying and failing to spot some kind of drink. I couldn't even move my head enough to look properly. Feeling like thing- feeling weak like this, was fucking infuriating.

I moved again, pulling the blanket he'd given me up over my chest. I didn't like having to look up at him like this. It wasn't that I felt inferior or some stupid shit like that but... my gaze was pretty much level with his crotch right now. Help me up. I said, starting to struggle to do it myself. Please? I added, my lips feeling strange as they formed the word. I just wanted to be in a sitting position, not lying down like a fucking invalid.

I said shit? Man, I thought that crap only happened in movies. I sighed then, realizing I couldn't delay it any longer. I had to fucking tell him what happened, which meant shelving my pride to do it. I guess saying I was in a fight is kinda fucking pointless, huh? Saying it was with a human, nah that's what gets the laughs. I groaned, my head feeling like crap even though my injuries were basically everywhere fucking else. Well, not exactly, my mouth felt fucked up. I was running, caught the scent of a leech and, uh, just pretty much fucking followed it. He was with the human but bolted and I went to chase but... the human he wasn't like a fucking regular human. He could fight, better than anyone I've seen in years. And he had knives... I think they were poisoned. I couldn't heal and they hurt like fuck, like when you touch silver. It was only dawning on me now, the bit about the silver. Was it possible. I underestimated him, thought he was fucking normal. But it was like he knew and knew how to fight me. Fight us. I moaned again, talking just hurting my throat even more. There was more to say, something else I had to tell him but, shit for some reason I didn't want to.

Back to top Go down

Vincent Sawyer Byrne | Wolf; Pack Master/Alpha

Posted on Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:43 am

Was the other guy fucking Freddy Krueger? In that case I've seen him. I wasn't trying to make a joke, the chick looked like she either tried to fuck Edward Scissorhands or was mauled by Freddy Krueger in the woods. You sound like shit. I don't mean that as an insult either so don't waste your energy on retaliating. She did, she looked like shit, sounded like shit, and I was willing to bet a million bucks she felt like shit too. Just fucking pretend you don't have an arm for fucks sake. It hurts me to watch you move it. Good god what was with people fucking constantly trying to move around after an injury? It was fucking stupid, just sit the fuck down, shut the fuck up, and hold the fuck still. Fuck.

I cringed as the word ''please'' left her mouth, but helped her anyway. If it wasn't for the fact that she was in really fucking bad shape I probably would have smacked the shit out of her for even using that word. It made me really fucking uncomfortable.

When she mentioned it was with a human I wanted to laugh so fucking bad. I had to tighten my stomach muscles and force my mouth closed to keep from doing it too. The chick can talk up a game like no other but... A fucking human? Fucking shit I couldn't even think about it, this was too fucking much. You're fucking lucky the leech bailed. Maybe you're not a fan of the 'buddy system' but it's in fucking place for a reason. If I let you get away with tracking a goddamned leech alone and others found out about it I'd get fucking shit for weeks for it.

I had to admit this was fucking weird. It was weird enough to make me want to know more. What the fuck kind of human could fight us? Is there anything to it? I mean fuck, maybe you just got unlucky and came across a fucking psycho in the woods and there's nothing else to it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:47 am

His remark actually had me letting out a mirthless laugh, even if it was sarcastic as fuck. At least it was fucking better than dwelling on the fucking shit that had actually happened. Pretty fucking sure I was awake so I think that's a no to Krueger. Fuck, it had been years since I'd seen those movies but I was pretty fucking sure that had been the gist of them. I shrugged when he mentioned how shit I sounded. I already know how shit I sound. Can take a fair guess at how shit I look too. Why the fuck would I retaliate when it's just the fucking truth. Not like I was fucking worried about winning some shitty beauty contest or anything stupid like that. What, pretend I don't have something I've used every day of my fucking life. Shit yeah why didn't I think of that obviously super easy solution? I groaned again, purposely forgetting what he'd said about it hurting him. How the hell did that even work?

Ah- fuck! I hissed in pain when he helped me up, his hands against my skin making me realize just how much I'd been fucking up by that assholes blades. Shit, he'd been faster than I'd even noticed at the fucking time. I slumped forward, just glaring down at my arm lying uselessly across my lap. I probably need a fucking sling or something stupid like that.

I wouldn't look at him after I'd mentioned it was a human, keeping my eyes on my lap because I was just so fucking sure that I'd look up and see him being so fucking smug about it or whatever. Even if I'd do the exact same fucking thing if I were in his shoes. Like I said, I was just out for a fucking run and caught the scent. Didn't plan on confronting the fucking corpse or anything but when it bolted I just acted. I didn't- don't you think I know I fucked up?! I groaned again, a pain slicing through my chest from raising my voice. This is fucking bullshit. I spat, looking at my body with loathing.

No- there's... there is something to it. This is the second time I've run into a human that could fucking fight. I paused, just really not wanting to fucking tell him this because for some fucked up reason it felt like I'd failed at something entirely different. But I had to now, it was goddamn unavoidable. Ages ago... like months and months ago I got into a fight. This guy was following me around and I figured I'd just knock him out and leave it at that. But he didn't go down easy. He didn't have any poisons or shit like that, but he put up more of a fight I'd thought I'd ever get from a human. So when I'd won I kinda... uh well- let's just say I persuaded him to cough up some details. He told me he knew what I was, that him and others like him knew and were going to do something about it. I thought he was the psycho, that he was just full of shit but... I ran an agitated hand through through my hair, pulling out a leaf afterward. Fuck, I just wanted a shower or something. This guy was way more skilled. Older too, more experienced. I think, he must've killed out kind before, there was this fucking confidence to his movements- I broke off as another wave of pain hit me. Yeah, there'd definitely been a fucking confidence in him.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics