setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] Insert Coin(s) - Page 3

[Private] Insert Coin(s)

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] Insert Coin(s)

Adrian Lincoln |

Posted on Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:21 pm

Well not fitting in to and then falling out of a bumper boat didn't exactly sound like my idea of a good time... but even knowing that I still found myself looking forward to doing it. Maybe it was because I had a competitive streak of my own. More likely it was because it was she who had been the one to invite me to do it. I wasn't stupid or assuming it was a date or anything, but who wouldn't be flattered by someone that gorgeous asking you to do something with them. You know what? I'll take those odds despite how terrible they are. Maybe there'll be no 'trying' involved? I said, clearly amused that she wanted to see me 'try' in the first place. Even though privately I was thinking that she still had a distinct advantage and would probably end up hitting me enough times that I ended up taking a very unwanted bath. In water that was probably filthy. Ironic considering that was one of the few things I couldn't stand.

Greedy with your maniacal plans, huh? Y'know you're probably the meanest villain-wannabe I've ever met... so good job on that front. I said while trying to smother a laugh. It wasn't that I was laughing at her or anything but tthe fact she'd actually admitted to any kinda 'evil' plan was way too cool. I mean it was genuinely awesome that she'd done that and I was liking her all the more. Plus laughing was better than awkwardly trying to clear my throat around the dryness that had developed the minute she mentioned 'lust'. Like crap, I didn't want to be that guy but my God it was difficult to stop my mind wandering down certain paths after she'd said it. But luckily I was a grown ass man with a certain amount of control that my younger peers tended to lack. So when she spoke again I was paying attention and totally not thinking of things I shouldn't be. OK, maybe I was a little bit. You know... you're kinda reminding me of a Venus flytrap right now. Not to sound like a freak or anything. It was just the way she'd basically admitted to being competitive and me being easy prey.

Eh, I guess that actually makes a lot of sense. You said you knew him in fourth grade right? I think at that age I was still pretending girls didn't exist and then turning bright red whenever one talked to me. That kid was probably lightyears ahead of me with the whole communicating with the fairer gender. Though I liked to think I'd gotten a whole lot better at that over the years. I mean, I still fumbled and made a fool of myself at times, but who didn't? Like right now I was in danger of totally messing up when I noticed her gaze traveling in a southerly direction. Shit, what was wrong with me to just assume she was looking there when she could be just looking down at anything. Some people looked down out of shyness and stuff like that. On the other hand Caly didn't really strike me as the shy type.

I fell into step beside her after she gestured, feeling a little embarrassed by her reaction to my joke about the whole Monopoly thing. I mean my family did kinda insist on board games around the holidays but I'd never thought of it as 'precious' or funny or anything. Just a bit of fun really. But all my thoughts about that went out of my head when she mentioned games and being into them. Holy crap, awesome much? No way, you are? That's really damn cool. I mean yeah, we play pretty much any co-op game me and my cousin can get our hands on. I mean there's so many games I could start mentioning. Don't really know where to start. I paused as the last thing she'd said sunk in and found myself grinning down at her. I dunno, I think I might miss the pervy aspects of conversing with you. I teased.

Back to top Go down

Calypso Bea Paxon | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:54 pm

Sometimes I had a serious problem separating fantasy from reality. It wasn't exactly realistic of me to expect him to get his shirt so soaking wet that he was obligated to remove it. It was an evolutionary burden for anyone of any gender. I mean what purpose did we have here on earth other than to hump like rabbits to prolong the life of the species? Yeah Caly, just blame evolution and then it's totally fine for you to act like a thought-whore.

He had said something, I should have been paying attention but I was too busy imagining that moment when he would remove his shirt, and maybe his pants. Then again I'd prefer if the removal of his pants wasn't in a place flooded with people under four feet tall. Yeah that would probably be better saved for a different location. What the fuck was I even thinking about this for? You'd think I hadn't had any wang in over a month, which wasn't entirely untrue but I mean really. This was Index, it had like a handful of fives, and abundance of twos, and maybe one or two tens, and I just so happened to run into a ten, that wasn't actually female. It was a hotness jackpot. A sexy stroke of luck. Heh, stroke...

Right, time to pay attention. He had said something about trying. What were we even talking about? You have no idea. I'd never really thought of myself as a true villain. I mean yeah I liked to pretend, which was probably where the ''wannabe'' thing came from. I always thought of myself as the overlooked supporting character. The one with a shit load of potential but just didn't make the cut because the writers were too busy focusing on portraying the cliche romantic endeavors of the main characters. Maybe I was that supporting character, and after being ignored and shrugged off as a disposable casualty in the movie for so long I went villain. Wait a minute... That was meant to stay in my head... Not... Nevermind... Was this a new habit of mine? Speaking my thoughts and thinking what I should really say? Ridic.

Oh clever dude. I hope you're one of those people that like to chase danger then. I'd hate for you to give up before we can find out for ourselves if I can trap you. Well that came out sounding more suggestive than I had intended. I smiled, because yeah, that was the only save I was capable of. You must've been a complete train wreck with girls then. No shame, I was just being honest. You seem to be better now though, so I give you props for that. Unless he thought I was fugly as hell, I mean, that would explain his comfort.

We were nearing the entrance to the bumper boats but there was a sign on the door. Closed? CLOSED?! NO, no fucking way was I going to settle for closed. I checked the door anyway and it opened. I stepped in, and motioned for him to follow while making sure no one was watching. The way I see it, if they really didn't want anyone in here, they would have locked the door. I mean it's practically an invitation. Holy echo, if there was anything I hated more than being told my headlights were on, it was hearing my own voice bounce back to my ears. This wasn't cool bro.

I'll keep that in mind, maybe I'll let you enjoy a little perv here and there. I don't wanna overdo it. I laughed. You don't think anyone saw us do you? Why was I bouncing? I felt like such a badass, like when I was like fourteen and stole a lip gloss from the dollar store. Look at me now, full of straight rebellion. Stickin' it to the man or whatever. Have you tried Titanfall yet? I've been meaning to test it out but I read somewhere that there isn't really any kind of campaign, it's all just... PvP basically. I said while walking over to the controls. How the fuck do you start these bad boys up?

Back to top Go down

Adrian Lincoln |

Posted on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:49 am

Damn, she was right. I really had no idea, especially when she started talking about being a supportive character. Crap, what was I supposed to say to that? More importantly, what the hell made her think she was overlooked or some kind of 'support' character? I mean, had she even seen herself? No way someone as hot as you turns out to be the support character. I pretty much spoke without thinking, then realized what I'd said. Crap, sorry. Like I mean yeah you're hot but a lot of girls I know get pissed off when you outright say it. I raised a hand and scratched the back of my neck, still not really sure whether I should ask about what she'd said. Hell, I wasn't even sure if she'd been seriously referring to herself or just generalizing.

For the record, I hate those main character romances. It's always the secondary characters who are consistent. Like, hey, you remember Avatar? Like their was that badass chick in it played by Michelle Rodriguez. She was like the coolest character it in, way cooler than the big blue main chick. Thinking about it now I was sure I had never really seen Rodriguez take on a 'main part' role, but she was still the best character in any movie I'd seen her in. I don't know about you but I'd rather be the secondary who gets overlooked if it mean I'm free to kick ass and not be some flakey lead. I grinned down and her and hoped to God I hadn't completely missed the point of what she'd been saying. Because if I had I was pretty sure my whole statement was pointless.

I have my moments. I said in response to her 'clever' comments, and would've said more, maybe even been a little bit teasing but she beat me to the punch and did a way better job at it than I would have. Like wow, this chick needed to come with a warning. 'Caution, way too hot to handle' - or something like that. She was quicker with comeback than was in any way fair and for the first time in years I felt out of my depth. But I wasn't going down without a fight. You think you've a shot at trapping me, huh? I made an obvious show of looking her up and down, and smirk playing on my lips. My gaze unintentionally caught on her chest again for a second. Maybe you've got a... point there. When I met her gaze again my own had a mischievous. Yeah, two could play at that game. Admittedly she was probably the only one who'd pull it off as hot but I figured I was safe from being called creepy around Caly.

My whole attitude shifted from playful back to amuse when she mentioned me being a train wreck. Damn,are you psychic or something? Train wreck doesn't even cover it. I was like a natural disaster when it came to girls. My mom was a real ball buster and kinda made me fear anything with breast for a couple of years. I laughed out loud at her compliment and shock my head. I was doing better now? I'd thought so yeah, but I was sure I'd been a sinking ship when it came to talking to the girl in front of me. Definitely felt like she had the upper hand. You think? I don't know, feels like I'm tripping over my own feet still. I joked, arching a brow and wondering what I'd said to make her think I wasn't a loser.

I spotted the closed sign and, being totally honest, kind of felt relieved. I mean, jeez the water in there was probably disgusting. I mean like infested with germs and shit kinda disgusting. Why the hell would anyone find a ride like that appealing when they thought about the state of the water? I guess the only answer was that they did think of it. Ignored it just like she was ignoring the 'Closed' sign. Uhh... what? My brain kinda short circuited when she spoke, hearing what she was saying but not really believing it. My body worked on auto-pilot when I followed her in, obviously my other head taking over the thinking for a second. Orrr they just thought the sign would be kinda obvious maybe? I laughed like it was a joke and wondering if I was becoming old. I mean this kinda stuff was supposed to be fun, right? Shit, I wasn't forty after all. I followed her over to the control console, looking over it and figuring out which button or lever did what. A little perv? That's not a nice thing to call yourself. Accurate maybe, but not nice. I grinned cheekily at her, deliberately misunderstanding what she'd said. Nah, I don't think anyone saw us. Plus if they did I doubt they'd think too grown-ass people were sneaking off to have privacy and play bumper boats. I flipped a couple of switches that turned on lights, then cranked a dial that started a generator running somewhere, obviously powering the ride. Titanfall is fun, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a huge let down. They made it sound so much cooler than it turned out to be. But I guess every game does that.

Back to top Go down

Calypso Bea Paxon | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:59 pm

Right Caly, don't get cocky. This guy was cool though, it was hard to not get excited when he casually let compliments slip out here and there. I mean he was really fucking laid back. We had talked, I had put my foot in my mouth more times than I'd care to count, and the entire time he just seemed so chill. I had to give him an A+ for a good first impression, and I had a lot of people to compare him to so that was a hard grade to earn. I smiled and looked down at my feet as I brushed my hair behind my ear, and nonchalantly moved myself a little bit closer to him. Yeah, I needed to start flirting with my body more and my mouth less, since my mouth usually got me in trouble anyway.

You're hangin' around some uptight women then. What kind of person got pissed at a compliment? Like seriously, get over yourself. To be fair she's super hot, and played a secondary character. Not gonna lie, she was my favorite character in the entire movie, right next to Sigourney Weaver's character. To be completely honest I didn't really like any of the others except Giovanni Ribisi, but I mean come on, it's Giovanni Ribisi! It's hard to not love him and the characters he plays.

It was kinda cute that he was trying to make me feel better. Even if he totally missed my point, and really I didn't mean what I said to be a bad thing. It was still fucking precious as hell though. I dunno, I smiled and made eye contact. You tell me if I have a shot at it. I playfully twirled at my hair even though this was the most twisted moment of flirting I'd ever experienced. I mean the word ''trap'' never really meant anything positive. Yet I was still using it, suggesting it, and pretty much blatantly asking him if I can trap him. This shit was mental, yet kinda fun at the same time. Meh, everything was better with a dash of twisted.

Dude, not that I wanna talk about your mom when I'm trying to flirt with you, but give me an example of her bustin' yer balls. I'm always intrigued to see if people have parents crazier than mine. To be completely honest it made me feel better about my jacked up family situation. Yanno, in the pathetic way seeing a bum makes you feel more secure even if you're living pay check to pay check. It was kinda fucked up actually, like his own misery would make me feel better about mine. No wait, that wasn't fucked up, that was actually kinda funny.

Nah dude you're good, you're chill, funny, hot, you're the whole package yanno? Unless you have like three wives that I don't know about and a few kids you don't take care of, in that case you're still probably a train wreck. Whoops, I didn't mean to look at his dick region when I said package. It just kinda happened. Right, eye contact again.

Awww... I gave him a gentle pat on the shoulder, That's sweet. Really though... no... But really, putting a closed sign up at an arcade, a place were prepubescent kids go to ''hang out'', instructing them to stay away without locking the door really is an invitation. Isn't it pretty much a fact that telling a kid to not do something but giving them the tools to do it means they're gonna do it anyway? Though you make a good point... I paused for a moment to gather my thoughts or whatever, It makes me feel more rebellious. Shit... Maybe I was the prepubescent kid...

I smiled at him at bit at my lip. What was it Tyrion said? ''Never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you.'' So, I happily embrace the little perv inside of me. My eyes widened when I realized this time, I was unintentionally saying something perverted... Let's scratch that whole embrace part...

I stared at him for a moment, wondering how the fuck someone could be a naturally gifted in whatever the fuck it was he just did. Was there even a title for that? Natural machine starter guy? Okay hold up, as much as I want to get some deets on Titanfall... How the hell did you figure that out? Shit, it was kinda hot...

Back to top Go down

Adrian Lincoln |

Posted on Sun Feb 15, 2015 8:16 am

No, not hanging around them exactly. I think I just have a knack for picking out the feminazis when I try talk to women. The only reason I even knew they were called that was 'cause Theo called one of them that after they'd made a big deal about how they had plenty of self-worth and apparently my compliment was insulting to that. Like, onviously not all chicks are crazy like that. You're obviously not, thankfully. Talking to girls was hard enough since things between Amy and I ended, I'd seriously been thinking I'd just become useless at it. It's kinda hot that you think she's hot. I half-joked, grinning at Caly because I loved when a chick was confident enough to freely compliment another one. My grin widened when she started flirting again, my eyes flicking toward the hair she was twirling around her finger and my brain struggled to understand why of all things I found that gesture so... appealing. I blanked for a second before giving my head a quick shake and meeting her gaze again. If I told you that then it might ruin all the fun of it. I smirked a little, glad that I hadn't turned into a total doofus and just outright said something like that she'd succeeded.

I laughed at her question, not really bothered by it and the fact that she outright said her parents were crazy was pretty cool. I mean, the honest of it not her having crazy parents in the first place- jeez, I needed to cool it on the mental rambling. My Mom is just... well like she's actually kinda a feminazi herself. It's crazy because my Dad's chauvinistic as hell so they divorced pretty early, and I grew up with these totally contrasting opinions on the opposite sex from both of them. But Mom would take me to these seminars all about female empowerment and like even a couple about how much men sucked. My Dad on the other hand just got me a stripper when I was like thirteen. Honestly I don't know which was weirder at the time. I smiled and it was only when I finished talking that I wondered whether I'd said too much. Well, maybe I'd just been trying to outline how crazy my family was.

Nah, no wives or kids. Pretty sure if there'd been any accidents along the way I'd know by now. Hope so anyway. I made a show of looking worried for a second before my smile slid easily back into place. What about you? I mean; funny, chill, hot, you tick all the boxes too. Plus confident enough to say what you want, that's pretty damn cool. Got any secrets I should be worried about?

Yeah, well.... I guess. I inhaled deeply through my nose, losing all hope of getting out of this. I mean sure, it could be fun and yeah, those teens would probably do it in a heartbeat. But they'd probably just get a slap on the wrist and a temporary ban if they got caught. Two adults on the other hand... damn it, there was no point overthinking it anyway. I'd already made me mind up to do his. I was starting to think maybe us guys weren't so smart after all,considering the lengths we'd go to just to impress a girl. But if we end up walking in on a couple of teens using this place for a makeout session then you owe me a coffee or something. I joked, finally lightening up again. Man, taking care of Theo was starting to turn me into a full on adult. Huh, Game of Thrones fan are you? I only got to the end of the first season. But yeah, nice point. I laughed when she corrected herself about 'embracing' her inner perv and found myself thinking about how much my cousin would probably get on with her.

My gaze roved over the controls, taking in the abbreviated labels under the various buttons and switches, concentrating enough that I nearly missed what Caly said. I looked back up at her, trying not to grin like a smug idiot or anything. I studied Mechanical Engineering in college, then worked all sorts of crazy jobs when I traveled after getting my degree. Worked at a couple of carnivals in Europe and honestly, all he amusement ride controls are pretty much the same.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics