setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private][301] Peanut Butter Wallet Time - Page 2

[Private][301] Peanut Butter Wallet Time

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private][301] Peanut Butter Wallet Time

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:50 pm

Nah man I'm still in denial. I joked, or at least my tone came out as a joke. Really it was true. No way it could be hard unless you accepted it as reality. Shit at least I could admit it right? My eyes stared into the bedroom. I didn't know what I was waiting for. Penny acted so shy and sweet but that little demon spawn never did anything with me looking. Nah, she always did her hell raising when my back was turned. Damn I almost kinda not really felt bad for Monday. His kid was going to be straight corrupted by mine. Hell at least I'd have someone to share my misery with.

I raised my finger to Monday, then tilted it back to point to the bathroom. You'll find out in about... I looked at my watch, not really sure when she was going to scream, but then when it happened I smirked. Now. When she came out I actually snorted. Seeing the look on her face with... her skin... You look like you have frostbite on your forehead. I laughed, but cut it off shortly after. I didn't want the kids to think what they did was cool but shit, this was golden. Nah man that's gonna take a good week to fully disappear. I knew Monday was just trying to make her feel better because he felt somehow responsible but shit, it wasn't his fault, and it sure as hell wasn't mine.

I looked to him and placed my hand over my mouth to hide my grin. I tucked my lips in and let my hand slide down my chin as she stormed out. My eyes focused on Penny's bedroom. Not cool guys. I said firmly, And keep that door open. I added as my smile returned. She's a royal pain in my... Well you know. She kinda had it comin'.

I laughed, completely not even realizing it until he said it. Too bad it's not our problem. Dunno if this helps either but Penny was the one I caught with the weapon in hand. Can't say for sure if Tom had anything to do with it. Hell I didn't want to get the kid in trouble if he was just an innocent bystander. Not like he was an accomplice, Penny would have done it anyway. So what's goin' on dude? How's the single parent life treatin' ya? I half teased but really I was curious. Yeah, I already knew he was tired from what he said and well, shit from experience. But that didn't tell me how he was coping with seeing chicks while having the kid or work or any of that. Hell I knew it wasn't easy but maybe I just wanted to hear it from someone else.

Back to top Go down

Monday West |

Posted on Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:29 am

I quirked an eyebrow at Logan.  Quote Begin She’s not your girlfriend then? Quote End  I asked, because even though some guys would moan about their partners the way he talked about the scribbled-on blonde seemed off for that sort of relationship.  Quote Begin It was funny.. honestly, that’s was the kind of stunt I used to pull, but shit.. that doesn’t mean I want Tom to be like I was. Quote End  I laughed, and then pulled a face. Here’s hoping he wouldn’t actually be anything like me or I had a rocky ride ahead of me. So far.. he seemed okay.

Quote Begin Oh.. it might’ve been both of them though. Quote End I said, while secretly hoping Penny wouldn’t actually be a bad influence on Tom. He wasn’t a wild child… yet, but if she was some sort of tearaway I didn’t want to risk it. I laughed after Logan’s question and took another sip of soda.  Quote Begin How does it treat anyone? I love him, I love looking after him, but he seriously takes up all my time. I never expected life to turn out like this when he was born and for me to be doing it on my own, but then, that’s probably the same with all single parents. It’s not so bad. I didn’t go out clubbing or whatever people even do these days anyway when he was with his mum. I was too busy paying her money to look after him or saving to go back and visit. Quote End  I shook my head, chuckling at a very loud dinosaur-esque roar coming from the bedroom and then a bossy No, Terry’s mine, you play with this one here coming after it. I waited just in case it turned into a squabble but they seemed to calm down and I continued.  Quote Begin How d’you cope? You always seem so cool with it when I see you. Quote End  I had no idea how Logan had time for a girlfriend and a child when my time just seemed to vanish into thin air.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:00 pm

I snorted, but then I realized he wasn't joking. Her?! A wide smile appeared on my face but it wasn't because I was happy at the idea, it was just fucking hilarious. Nah dude that's Penny's aunt on her moms side. She's uh... How should I put this... ...She's not really my type. Maybe he wouldn't get it, but if he ever met Christina he'd get it. I didn't prefer face over body or body over face, I preferred women with the whole package. It was just pretty fucking unfortunate that most of them that had the whole package were empty in head... Or maybe that wasn't unfortunate. I still hadn't decided.

So weird Penny is nothing like I was. Hell if I did half the stuff she did when I was younger my rear end woulda had a date with the belt or wooden spoon. I mean I wouldn't do that to her. It was child abuse or something, which I didn't believe really. It was more discipline the only way a child could understand. Yeah, when your kid colors on your face in permanent marker see how behaved she'll act if you look at her sternly and tell her ''no''. Truth was, I fully expected her to do it again, why wouldn't she? She didn't even really get punished for it. Then again maybe I didn't give a fuck if she colored on Melissa's face again, that twat deserved it.

I wouldn't put it past 'em. They're probably both in there scheming something as we speak. I wasn't joking. Kids served as other kids' cocaine. The second they got around more kids they went bonkers, it was just how life worked.

Yeah at least now your money is going towards him and you get to see him at the same time. Maybe that wasn't as much of a blessing as he thought it was. But I wasn't about to let him think I didn't want kids before Penny and I still didn't after Penny. Shit man, he'd probably never come around again and to be quite honest with you it was fucking nice to have someone to talk to while watching after her. None of my other friends wanted anything to do with this part of my life and it was boring as fuck because of it.

Cope? Maaaaaaan... Pussy, booze, flat out denial. None of which were things I could say with little ears in hearing distance. I have... My ways. I looked to the room where the kids were playing then back to him to show him it wasn't appropriate for little ears. Hey if you get a break from being Papa Monday for a night I could show you. I smirked, hoping he'd agree to it so I could show this dude how to cope the right way. If you're interested. I could introduce you to the guys.

Back to top Go down

Monday West |

Posted on Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:39 am

I grinned over the fact I was pretty sure talking about my childhood would just put a dampener over things and as usual chose not to talk about it. Logan’s parents sounded… normal, maybe? A little extreme with the wooden spoon thing in this day and age, but I’d heard loads of people my age and above share similar stories. My mum just hadn’t cared. It sounded mean, or maybe bitter, but it wasn’t that at all and I knew it was her illness that made her that way. So things when I was young had obviously been crazy, even unbelievable to people who’d had a normal childhood.

Quote Begin You have a type then? It’s.. been ages since I’ve even thought about anything like that. For so long I just wanted to get back with Sarah, but, Quote End  I paused, frowning as I thought about it,  Quote Begin I don’t think that’s going to happen. Quote End  I’d finally realised that. A part of me still wanted to or felt it would be right if I was with Sarah, though it was more the part that thought of Tom than myself. I felt like I’d failed him, that I’d only wanted him to grow up in a normal family and I’d let him down. I smiled and shook the thought out of my head. I smirked back at Logan.  Quote Begin That sounds so gay. Quote End  I grinned at him, raising my eyebrows and laughing at that thought of how someone might take him ‘showing’ me something. Logan seemed liked the straightest guy I’d ever met.  Quote Begin But yeah, I’m interested – there must be some good babysitters around here somewhere or if I feel mean I could make my cousin help. It’s not as if he does much. What did you have in mind? Quote End  I said. I wondered who ‘the guys’ were. People from work? I couldn’t completely remember what Logan even did.

I was about to ask when there was a sudden piercing shriek from the bedroom that made me stop. In an instant I was on my feet, heart in my throat as I thought of all the worst possible scenarios – and some were pretty bad considering the mischief I’d gotten up to. Had one of them fallen off the bed? Tried to climb out the window? Broken something – a bone?

My thoughts stopped when Penny walked out of the room crying, openly with tears rolling down her eyes. Tom stamped out after her looking more annoyed than anything and I all my worries were replaced with one  – what had he done? I held off a groan.  Quote Begin She tried to take Terry! Quote End  Tom protested before I could ask, the stuffed toy tucked tightly under his arm.  Quote Begin Okay. Quote End I started. Quote Begin So why’s Penny crying? Quote End  I asked him, voice stern because I suspected from her crying that it wasn’t all that had happened.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:01 am

Oh for sure dude. Tall, short, curvy, I mean in a nutshell my type was the kind of woman who cared about keeping fit, but it couldn't stop there. She had to have a great face too. She had to put time into looking her best, even if it did drive me fucking nuts when Christina spent ten goddamned hours in the bathroom 'getting ready'. Then again she always waited until ten minutes before we needed to leave before officially starting even though she fucking knew it'd take her a hell of a lot longer than ten minutes to finish caking on the face paint.

Doesn't everybody? I tried to dodge the part about the Sarah chick. I mean shit man I'd been there but I was at a point now where I wasn't about to waste my time thinking about people in my past. Especially women. You needa get back out there man. The women in this town are bored, and they're all surprisingly... I used my hands to gesture the shape of an hour glass, since saying ''fucking hot'' probably wasn't going to blow over too well with the kids in the other room. I mean the way I see it, what's the point in working and coming home to work some more, I looked to Penny's room, then back to him. If you don't get some fun time in between yanno? Bottom line, caring for a kid is work, and anyone that got pissed over someone stating the truth clearly didn't have kids and didn't know how much work it really was. I mean it wasn't work if you didn't give a fuck about how they were raised but oddly, I did give a fuck. Penny had my blood, I had accepted that, and no one with my blood was going to grow up with daddy issues. We all knew what happened when women had histories like that and fuck I wouldn't even hesitate to put a couple shotty rounds in any schmuck that tried to take advantage of that.

I laughed, surprised that, that had come out of his mouth. Shit this dude was starting to grow on me. It really did sound gay. I laughed again, whatever man. The pub man. Once you graduate from there I might consider taking you to One Shot but that place is a little wild. At the same time it would be really fucking easy too. I mean my new fucking mission was to get this kid drunk off his ass and hopefully get him laid. One Shot would probably be easy when it came to getting him laid but the pub would be more comfortable for him to get drunk off his ass. I would have to figure it out. Just to have a few beers and, kick back, without kids and stress. It'll be good for you man I promise.

And I got the number of this chick. I mean I think she's in high school or whatever but I guess she babysits a lot around town. She might be a good candidate. I mean if not, there's always Melissa. I mean she may be a little... I swirled my finger around my temple to indicate the bitch was fucking nuts. ...When it comes to me but she is really good with kids. I'll give her that.

I knew it was only a matter of time before something happened. They were kids afterall. I got up, holding back the groan that was threatening to rumble in my throat, and walked over to Penny to pick her up. I mean I had no idea what happened but at the same time my kid wasn't always the best when it came to sharing. Heh, I guess she got it from me. Maybe that wasn't something to be proud of... What's with the waterworks kid? I asked her, but didn't get an answer. She just buried her face in my shoulder and I would have assumed it was nothing if it wasn't for the body-less doll in her hand. She was legit holding it by it's hair, and it made me think of those strange shrunken heads I'd seen on that curio show.

I snorted and hid my grin with my hand. When I was sure I had control over it I pulled the dolls head from her hand and held it up. I think I see the problem. My voice cracked, I was trying so hard to keep from laughing but I mean, it was funny dude. Decapitated doll.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics