setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private][301] Peanut Butter Wallet Time

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Monday West |

Posted on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:31 pm

Monday and Tom's outfits

Tom’s favourite toy, ‘Terry’, that he constantly carries round with him

Time: Late morning

Tom was already out of the car and practically at the front door by the time I’d got out of the car, but I could only smile through my warnings to wait. He was excited to go to Logan’s. Logan’s daughter might have been younger than Tom, but she was the same age as one of his cousins back in England and I’d deduced that was why he liked her so much, and why he was so excited. That and he seemed to like Logan too.

Quote Begin Hey, wait. Quote End  I called again, and Tom slowed to a creeping walk, looking back and waiting for me to catch up before bounding alongside my strides to the door. His arms were hugged around his rucksack that’d he’d insisted on stuffing full of toys he needed to bring, but he managed to hug it to his body with one hand when he looked up to me.  Quote Begin Can I knock? Quote End  he asked in a small voice, practically shaking with trying to contain his excitement.

I nodded and he thumped at the door with his fist as hard as he could, swinging his bag between his hands as we waited.

Quote Begin Hey, Quote End  I greeted Logan when he opened the door. I moved to step inside but was beaten to it by Tom, who grinned at Logan before slipping past him into the house, the packed rucksack knocking against Logan's legs.  Quote Begin Hey, shoes! Quote End  I called after, but received no response.  Quote Begin Kids, huh? Quote End  I grinned, pushing a hand through my hair as I finally stepped in.  Quote Begin How are you? Quote End

Back to top Go down

Re: [Private][301] Peanut Butter Wallet Time

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:37 am

SHIT, I didn't have time to look out the window and see who it was knocking on the door. Did I have something planned today? I thought I did but I wasn't fucking sure and I was starting to panic that it was Christina showing up unannounced. I rolled out of bed as quickly as I could and stubbed my toe on my night stand. Fuck, out the back now! I yelled to the woman in my bed, a woman I had forgotten the name of. Or maybe I didn't get it in the first place? Shit I didn't remember. ''What are you freakin' out about?'' She mumbled half asleep and I struggled to get my pants on. My girlfriend is at the front fucking door right now! I whispered loudly and she rolled out of bed faster than I did. Hell she even had her clothes on before I did but I was struggling with my zipper which was probably why I was behind in the race.

''Call me!'' She said before running out of my room and straight towards the back yard. I paused what I was doing to stick my head out of my doorway and watched as that bitch straight scaled the fence in the back yard like a spider monkey. Holy fucking shit that was badass, I think I'm in love. Oh right, the door! I pulled a shirt over my head and quickly opened the front door with a smile. Wait... Monday? OH FUCK, I had completely forgotten about the thing, the thing with the kids thing. I tried to hide my shock as Tom rushed past me. What the fuck happened to Monday's head? Did he dip his head into an emo convention? Shit man, I could just picture him pulling his head out of the entrance and it coming out like that. Fucking tragic man.

Ah don't even worry about it. I can't keep this place clean with Penny anyway. Not that it was clean before she arrived, but I wasn't about to admit that. I'm uh... hunkydory man. How are you? I closed the door behind him and walked past him to pick up a bra that was draped over the couch and hid it behind my back. When he wasn't looking I tossed it into my room and closed the door. You want something to drink man? Water? Soda? Beer? We have everything.

Back to top Go down

Monday West |

Posted on Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:49 pm

I stepped inside, shrugging my coat off. Quote Begin Soda’s good, Quote End I said, looking for somewhere to put my coat. I walked over to the sofa, carefully avoiding a doll on the floor, and draped my coat over the arm of the sofa. As I did I couldn’t help notice the wonky cushion tucked in the corner and straightened it up. A bright piece of red fabric slipped out near one of the corners and I reached for it, fully expecting it to be a doll’s dress. Instead when I tugged at the material my eyes were met with a thong.

I stared at the material and quickly lowered it, glancing up to Logan and hoping he hadn’t seen. Quote Begin Oh, soda’s great. Quote End  I started talking, scanning the room before pulling the cushion forward and putting the thong back behind it. It wasn’t the fact that it was a  thong that bothered me – I’d grown up in a household with three women so seeing a pair of knickers was nothing. It was more the fact I thought Logan had a girlfriend.. or some sort of steady female partner, whatever he’d call it, and him catching me holding her underwear felt strangely wrong and different to if it’d just been a hook up.

Quote Begin I’ve been fine too, really. Just tired but I think I’ll have to get used to it. Quote End I followed Logan over into the kitchen, looking around as I walked but there was no sight of the kids.  Quote Begin Tom's running circles round me, but I pretty much expected that. I just didn't expect him to have so much energy... Quote End  I smiled, but it was tired. I was tired. Looking after Tom again had been my dream since I’d split with Sarah and although I loved it, it had taken over my life and the easy ride I’d had living with Edie before was long gone.  Quote Begin How long’ve you been looking after Penny? Quote End  I asked, forgetting about the kids and their suspicious quiet as I made small talk.

Back to top Go down

Logan Milo Byrne | Human; Citizen

Posted on Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:40 pm

Where the fuck was Melissa anyway? Wasn't she supposed to be watching Penny. Damn that woman was such a damned hypocrite. Soda, comin' right up. I grinned and marched towards the fridge to grab two cans of Pepsi. I know the feeling man. It's like any energy you should have is completely absorbed by the kid. So they have all of their energy plus yours. It doesn't get any easier either. It was all about adapting. Maybe I should have told him it would get easier but I wasn't a damn liar.

I handed him the drink, and opened my mouth to reply when I noticed something. You hear that? It was quiet, too quiet. Hold that thought. I slipped past him and went straight for Penny's room. I slowly opened the door and saw Melissa laying completely asleep on Penny's bed and the kids... Penny had a sharpie, where she got it I had no fucking clue until I saw Melissa's purse dumped out in the middle of the floor. They weren't even doing it right, they weren't drawing Hitler mustaches on her, or writing ''loser'' on her forehead. They were just coloring on her face. Her forehead was almost completely black and I struggled to keep from laughing.

I stood there for a moment, not really wanting to stop them because Melissa deserved it. Once I was satisfied with their work I cleared my throat. What're you doing? My voice had deepened, loud enough to wake Melissa from her sleep and the kids went from looking terrified like they were going to get into trouble, straight to trying to hide their giggles. She rolled out of bed half asleep, and I placed my hand over my mouth, trying to keep from laughing myself.

I finally got it together and straightened my face. Give me the marker, now Penny. I said firmly and she rushed to slap it in my hand before running back to bounce on her bed. My kid was a fucking hellion. Melissa stepped past me to head towards the bathroom and I just waited. Leave this door open. I said to the kids before moving to the couch. A few months. I didn't even know she existed until her mom showed up at the door and dropped her off. I had just long enough to answer his question when I heard a scream from the behind the closed bathroom door. Good timing.

Back to top Go down

Monday West |

Posted on Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:49 pm

I paused, nodding at Logan because when I thought about it and noticed the silence it really was too quiet. I took a sip of my soda and put it down on the table but didn’t follow him at first. I wasn’t sure if he wanted me to or if by following him further into the house I might be invading privacy, so I held back a minute. But the silence ticked on and my curiosity got the better of me and I quickly followed where Logan had gone off to. As I was making my way down the hall a woman brushed passed me, but she hardly seemed to notice I was there.

My trip to the bedroom was saved when Logan backtracked to the couch.  Quote Begin That must’ve been hard… Quote End  More difficult than bringing up a kid when I’d barely even been a kid myself even. I glanced back to the bedroom.  Quote Begin What were they up to? Quote End  I asked Logan. I grabbed my drink and joined him, noticing Tom and Penny peeking out of the bedroom as if waiting for something, sending Tom a quizzical look only for them both to duck back out of view.

And then there was the scream.

Before I could ask if the woman was alright, she’d stomped back into the room, steam practically coming out her ears. Quote Begin LOGAAN!! Quote End She screamed. And oh my god – her face. Her forehead had nearly completely been coloured in and it looked.. horrendous, but also absolutely hilarious. I covered my mouth with my hand and hoped to god it wasn’t Tom that did that. But out of the corner of my eye I could see the kids peeking round the corner of Penny’s bedroom door and I got the feeling I wasn’t so lucky. Where had Tom even gotten the idea from?

Quote Begin I’m so sorry if Tom did that.. I, uh… Quote End  I tried to stop the grin from appearing back on my face and had to clear my throat a couple of time.  Quote Begin I’ll.. talk to him later.. Quote End  I finished. God, it wouldn’t have been so bad if she didn’t look so ridiculous. The fact the woman looked angry just made it worse.   Quote Begin Will it just wash off after a few tries? Quote End  I tried, hoping my smile looked hopeful rather than mocking, but it faded completely when she switched her glare from Logan to me.  Quote Begin …maybe not.. Quote End  I finished, looking away and avoiding eye contact, taking a sip of soda. Yep, annoying an already angry woman who had a laughable appearance was worse than poking a bear with a stick. Though I still couldn’t help glancing to Logan with a smirk.

Quote Begin If you can’t take me seriously or CONTROL YOUR CHILDREN, I’m going out! Quote End  The woman shouted at us, walking out the door without even grabbing anything.

Quote Begin When do you think she’s gonna realise going out means more people are going to see her like that? Quote End  I asked Logan, trying not to laugh at the picture of her walking down the street with black scribble on her face.

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics