setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] The Oregon Trail - Page 15

[Private] The Oregon Trail

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] The Oregon Trail

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:37 am

I do get frustrated. - All of the time. I blurted out without a thought. It is not as bad as some would think. Maybe it helped me appreciate those ''slip ups'', maybe I just thought it helped me appreciate my slip ups because I was starting to feel intoxicated and any coherent and logical thought I could have possibly had in this moment was completely fading away. I just did not want to think about it any longer.

I closed my eyes for a moment and took in a deep breath. There was this nagging voice in the back of my mind kept telling me to go to drink no more and go to sleep, but there was an even louder voice practically begging me to pick up my cup again. The loudest voice of all was telling me to smile and laugh, and I was beginning to wonder why I did not do this more often.

They um... I opened my eyes and looked at him, They do not make me sick they make me... I smiled... And laughed... I am sorry what did you ask? I knew what he asked but my mind was all over the place. I had no control over where my thoughts were taking me, and it was starting to become difficult to manage them along with paying attention to the world around me. I did not realize it until the I was in the act of placing my cup back onto the table, but I had just taken a drink. It was like sipping coffee over a discussion, it was a mindless act, but this was not coffee...

I took in another deep breath and decided I needed to focus. I did not want to be rude. Yes I am, and I did not mean to imply that you were not mature I was judging based off of appearance. Maturity was a horrible way to judge age. I had met men older than I that acted as if they were eighteen, and children that acted as if they had lived a long full life. I meant it as a compliment. I smiled, but that smile faded when I realized he was examining me. Did I have something on my face? I used my hands to wipe my nose and mouth just in case, then reached for the bottle and without asking I began pouring more into his cup. I, uh... Thanks? I looked at my hands as I twisted the cap back onto the bottle. It was a rather strange compliment.

I laughed when I realized he had been confused over my question over my cards. Okay so highest score wins? I was lost, but at this point I was not too concerned with the card game and more interested in conversation. It took a minute to realize he was leaning on my leg and I carelessly stared at his hand. It was not that I had never been touched before I just was not used to people being comfortable to touch me aside from a handshake in the midst of a greeting. I suppose I was just accustomed to formal physical contact or the occasional and accidental brush of a shoulder. Unless of course... Well now was not the time to let my mind wander to deviant thoughts...

My mind was already there when he was starting to sit up right and I looked at him as if he knew what I was thinking and my cheeks felt as if they were going red again. He had very nice eyes. I frowned at the thought, it was a strange thought to have. Luckily a knock at the door broke the odd feeling of tension, even more Lenny jumped and that was enough to bring me back to my senses. I will get it. I said quickly, but I was already to my feet and headed towards the door.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:43 am

I grabbed my cup up against my chest after my ass met the floor, cigarette still balanced between my finger and thumb, feeling panicked and confused. Some vodka sloshed out onto my shirt and I felt even more confused because I was sure it had been empty – hadn’t I drunk it? Or didn’t I? I stared down at my cup before glancing back up to the door, swallowing thickly when Helios opened it.

It was going to be him, it was going to be him, it was….

The creepy woman from reception. She looked Helios over with a frown and then frowned at me, and I just stared back from my place on the floor, slack-jawed and not sure what to do or think. She turned back to Helios and I watched, absentmindedly licking at the edge of my cup.  Quote Begin Your room was missed off on the sheet. Quote End  She said as explanation, shoving the stack of towels she was carrying into Helios’ hands. Her eyebrows knitted into a frown and she sighed loudly - looking at me – and then once again turned back to address Helios.  Quote Begin You break it, you pay for it. Quote End  she grunted out the warning, and left.

I let out a loud groan as the door closed and rested a hand over my face, my skin feeling warm. I reached over to stub my cigarette out in the ashtray and leaned back against the bedframe.  Quote Begin She’s so fucking weird… why do we even need towels? This isn’t.. isn’t a pool.. Quote End  I said with difficulty, distracted by looking around me at the mess of cards across the floor and deciding clearing them up was too much work. Amongst the cards was something else, and I picked it up before hauling myself back up onto the bed.  Quote Begin Hey…Helios, it’s your cigar. Quote End  I said. I tilted it about, studying it, and then bought it to my nose to sniff it like Helios had done earlier.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:15 am

My eyes made contact with the eyes on the other side of the door. Something about hers gave me the feeling that she knew what was going on in my mind, just as I had felt with Lenny. I reached up to grip the collar of my shirt and pull it away from my throat. It felt as if it was shrinking around my neck. The towels she placed in my hand took me by surprise. I slipped them under my arm and was ready to close the door without even thinking to thank her for bringing us the towels when a piece of paper slipped to the floor. I picked it up and shoved it in my pocket without looking.

Understood, thank you for the towels. I nodded with a smile, a smile that was not returned before I closed the door. I smirked at Lenny's comment. Maybe she is just intrusive... Nosey. I placed the towels on a nearby surface before beginning to clean up the mess on the floor. Maybe it was good timing on her part. We should probably try to get some sleep. I said as I placed the stack of carts on the night stand, my eyes traveling up after to see Lenny smelling my cigar. Nice? It was a nice smell before and after being lit, but in two different ways. The smell before being lit was the smell of victory, the smell after being lit I associated with the tingling feeling of actually smoking it.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:53 am

Quote Begin She’s in what? And I dunno… I still think she’s just weird. Quote End I mumbled, words muffled by the cigar I had pressed against my nose. I inhaled against it again, frowning. Nice? Was it nice? I wasn’t sure about that, but it didn’t smell how I was expecting it to smell. Quote Begin I… dunno… it’s different.. Quote End  I answered vaguely, sniffing it one more time before holding it out to Helios.

I sighed a little, looking to the tidy stack of cards on the nightstand, and yawned.  Quote Begin And yeah..  what time even is it? I guess we’ve got tomorrow too. Quote End  I sniffed and rubbed at my eyes, frowning around the room and letting myself fall back onto the bed. I cracked an eye open and looked up at Helios.  Quote Begin So, d’you like it? Scopa? Quote End  I asked, words coming out as a sleepy mumble.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:10 pm

Intrusive, it means unwelcome. I added before continuing to tidy up the rest of the mess and heading into my room, where I could still engage in conversation but also work on finding the clothes I wanted to sleep in. I pulled out a white tee shirt and sweat pants, removed my shirt and put on the new one before heading back into Lenny's room. It might just be a scent that takes time to grow on you. I said before retrieving my cigar.

I pulled my phone from my pocket, Ten-thirty-four. - Not too late but the sooner we can sleep and get out of this place the better. I shoved my phone back into my pocket and carried my cigar back to my room. Scopa? I asked as I changed my pants. OH, well... I'm sure I would have loved it if we had more time to play it. I laughed, I will look it up when we get home, then next time we can skip the lessons and get straight to the game. I removed the items from my bed and laid down, suddenly feeling oddly comfortable considering how uncomfortable the mattress really was. Is there any specific time you wish for me to wake you up at? I tend to get up early.

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics