setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] The Oregon Trail - Page 14

[Private] The Oregon Trail

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] The Oregon Trail

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:52 pm

Quote Begin Huh? Quote End  I asked over the lip of my mug, taking another sip as I frowned at Helios, what he was saying yet again destroying something I’d thought I knew about him.  Quote Begin I.. what… really? But… how do you do that? Just… Quote End  I trailed off, speechless. I couldn’t imagine having sexual thoughts and yet not being able to do anything about it. It seemed a lot worse than just not having any at all because you weren’t interested.  Quote Begin I mean, fuck, that must be really hard. Quote End

I nodded at his confirmation about the strip bar, mouth opening as I thought about it further. How many places in Index had vampires working there, or going there, or just creeping about in the shadows? Quote Begin Fuck, that’s even less reason for me to go there… was it one of the strippers? Are there other places, I mean, have you gone to anywhere else in Index because of that? Is there anywhere I probably shouldn’t go? Quote End  I found myself asking.

As I thought about it I sipped more at my drink in between drags on my cigarette, deep in thought. Somehow I wasn’t panicky or nervous about the thought there were other vampires in Index. I just felt happy I had Helios to warn me about them – when he wasn’t out getting rid of the creatures. It was comforting to know that someone was doing something about them, especially someone I trusted.

Quote Begin And you? I mean, do you like your job? Quote End  I asked, and raised my cup in answer to Helios’ first question, nodding. To his second I paused, frowning as I thought it over.  Quote Begin Uhh…. I guess I don’t mind. But… why’d you smoke them and not normal cigarettes? They’re kind of… uh,… old men smoke cigars. Quote End  I said, still frowning. They reminded me of my father the more I thought about it, when he’d have one at the end of business meetings or during others, and the smell would linger.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:51 am

I sighed, It can be hard, in many senses of the word. My hand shot to my mouth as my eyes stared at my cup. Had I really just said that? Maybe it was not as bad as I thought it was. Maybe liquor loosened me up but maybe it also made me too paranoid. It was not that bad... But maybe I needed to lay off the alcohol for a little while just in case it was that bad. I would have to decide in the morning... If I woke up with regret, then clearly it was that bad. I still could not avoid the heat around my neck which told me I was probably as red as a strawberry. Goodness...

Oh no, no, no, I did not mean there was... I mean they are not there. The... Enemies I mean, they could be there I guess but I was just there to meet with an associate. It did not feel like such a struggle to speak the words but thinking back to what I had just said to him I realized he probably would not understand what I was trying to say. I was stumbling over my words. It was a sensitive subject, maybe because I knew it to be a lie. Off the top of my head I can not name any places for you to avoid. I believe we have a list of cautionary locations back at the church somewhere. Remind me to give it to you when we get back.

Of course, maybe there are some things about it I do not enjoy but the rewards outweigh the disappointments and discomfort. I had retrieved my cigar but by the time I had it in my hand I was no longer feeling up to the task of actually smoking it. I looked at it as I sat down and placed it on the table. Maybe I would wait before lighting it. I like the taste and the smell better than cigarettes personally. And maybe that stereotype suits me? That depends on what you consider as old. The topic made me wonder... How old are you anyway? I asked curiously, a little surprised that I did not know how old he was. In fact, there were a lot of things I still did not know about him.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:35 pm

I shifted on the bed to make room for Helios when he’d come back, and then my eyes shot open at what he said. I stared at him, a grin slowly forming on my face before I tried to bite my lip to disguise it.  Quote Begin Fuck.. yeah, I bet it is… Quote End  I said, unable to hold back a chuckle. My desire to laugh died down though and I looked to Helios, smiling at his red face and yet still curious.  Quote Begin But.. I mean.. how do you do it? Quote End  I asked, not mocking but just so fucking curious. I waited for Helios to sit back down and took his cards to hand back to him, shoulder bumping as I looked up to him again, questions still on my mind.  Quote Begin Just.. it’s… Quote End  I glanced to Helios, looking him over before quickly looking away and to his cards. How did he not have blue balls? Wasn't that shit painful? It wasn’t like he was ugly and had a reason to need to be a priest or not have sex because of that either. …unless he had a really tiny dick. I cleared my throat and started to look through the cards, struggling not to let my eyes drift to the crotch of his pants.  Quote Begin Uh… anyway, so.. if I look the first round, yeah, then I can tell you what to do? Look at your cards, I mean. Quote End  I added on quickly. Quote Begin Here, you’ve got to look at them. Quote End  I said, trying to arrange the cards in Helios hands so he could see them all.

I leaned over him to reach the ash tray on the bedside table before sitting back again and nodding at him. The list sounded great.  Quote Begin Oh, that’s good if they’re not actually there… and yeah, that’d be cool. Quote End  I smiled at him, taking another drag from my cigarette.  Quote Begin It’s.. I’m not like I was, but it’d be great to know where they definitely don’t go when I go out, just so I feel… just to know that. Quote End  To feel safer was the real reason, an added comfort.

I watched Helios put the cigar down on the table, eyes following his movement.  Quote Begin You’re not going to have it after all? And it’s weird, I’m the other way round, I just never… I dunno… cigars are weird. Quote End  I said, before grinning.  Quote Begin Fuck off, you’re not old. Quote End  I said, pushing his shoulder. Helios couldn’t be much older than I was in my mind but I didn’t tend to think about age much. Quote Begin You’re what.. like.. mid twenties? Or if you’re going to smoke that, then fucking fifty or whatever. Quote End  I said, trying to hide my grin behind my hand and glancing to see Helios’ reaction. I reached down for my glass, cigarette balanced between my fingers as I took a sip, which lead to a gulp. Quote Begin Huh? I’m… uh.. twenty-five. Quote End  I said, struggling to remember at first.  Quote Begin So how old are you? Quote End

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:03 pm

I do it the same way I assume most men do. I smiled, By trying to distract myself. Nothing puts the turtle back into its shell like the image of a ninety-nine year old woman in lingerie. I laughed but not because it was funny. It was more of an awkward laugh since I was being completely honest. I was starting to thirst for my drink again, maybe it provoked my less desirable side, but maybe it helped me cope with that as well. I reached for my cup and took an average sized drink from it before placing it back on the table, still wanting more but trying to practice that discipline I had forgotten I possessed. Hobbies help, decapitating vampires and saving children, and well, that kind of stuff. It is hard to think of something arousing when my mind is occupied with something else. The words just kept coming out, and I couldn't stop them. It was the alcohol causing it but the irony of the entire situation was the fact that the act of drinking from my cup was the only thing that kept my mouth shut.

I let him arrange the cards in my hand, smiling the entire time. Why I was smiling I did not know. I did not care. Sounds good to me. I nodded, but the nod was in response to what he said after. Yeah agreed. It was too bad the number one rule was to keep supernatural creatures a secret. If we could just reveal them then maybe we could take the same action against them that is taken against child molesters and ex cons. Nothing would protect the people more than a giant red sign in the front of supernatural owned businesses warning humans of the danger inside.

I think I should wait. It is good with a drink but I am ashamed to admit I already feel I have had too much to drink. To be completely honest, smoking it might make me sick. I looked at it before picking it up to bring it to my nose, they did smell wonderful. I had spent a lot of time and effort to make sure I could link the scent of an unlit cigar to the feeling of accomplishment. After so many years of using them as a reward after a tough job, I had finally achieved that. I had managed to get one whiff before it slipped out of my hand and bounced into Lenny's lap. Sorry, I reached forward without even thinking to retrieve it, Oh no, not even close. You're off about a decade. I laughed as I reached around for my cigar, finally feeling it between my fingers and placing it back onto the table in front of me.

I laughed at his joke, but I was beginning to wonder if most people associated cigars with the elderly. I was not self conscious but I was curious. The group of people I had spent time with at home were young at the time, and many of them smoked cigars. So naturally I assumed the opposite, and associated cigars with youth. Twenty-Five? That is young, and I mean this in the most positive way, but I assumed you were younger. I had thought early twenties which was not that far off. Oh I am thirty-six, nearly thirty-seven now that I think about it... I suppose that could be considered old? I do not feel old... Most of the time...

I looked at my cards, my mind still occupied with the conversation when I realized we were meant to be playing a game. I rubbed my face and blinked at my cards. So... I laid my cards on the table, Do I have a good hand?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:44 am

I pulled a face at the image Helios was describing, and then started laughing.  Quote Begin Unless you’re a ninety-nine year old guy? Quote End  I said between laughs, and then shook my head.  Quote Begin Or not… fuck, that’s gross… Quote End  I tried to dispel the image by attempting to sit up straighter, and shoved my fist in front of my mouth. What Helios said changed the direction of my thoughts and I found myself agreeing, nodding at him.  Quote Begin Yeah… no, you’re right. Keeping busy or whatever helps. Quote End  I said, finally managing to understand his situation if I put it in comparison with my own. The reasons for not having sex or shit like that were obviously really different, but I’d found that keeping busy had helped too. Or, not really helped, but distracted me from how angry and frustrated I was with the situation. I could still think about stuff. Shit, I couldn’t help thinking about stuff. But it was thinking about stuff involving me, or doing and touching that most of the time I just.. didn’t feel comfortable with yet. It wasn’t that I didn’t want to. But I just I wasn’t ready. Even thinking that made me feel pathetic and I frowned, wondering how Helios could be okay with it. Though he was choosing not to, and I actually felt angry at him that he got to choose that.  Quote Begin You must get frustrated sometimes though, right? Quote End  I asked, watching him carefully. It couldn’t just be me.

I picked up my cup and slowly downed the liquid in it, wincing at the burn and slowly feeling it go straight to my head. I felt like if I leaned too far towards the table then I might just fall off the bed and onto the floor.  Quote Begin What? No… you haven’t had too much to drink… Quote End  I said. I trailed off, watching him.. smell the cigar? What the fuck, maybe he had had too much to drink. It did make me wonder what it smelled like though and I almost leaned forward to sniff it myself.  Quote Begin Why do you smoke them if they make you feel sick? Quote End  I asked, right before the cigar fell into my lap. I went to pick it up but stopped, freezing, when Helios started pawing around my lap instead. What the fuck? I watched his hand, feeling a blush creep up my neck as his hands brushed against my jeans.  Quote Begin That’s uh, that’s not.. Quote End  your cigar, I was going to finish, when Helios actually managed to find it. Did he even realise what he’d just done? When I glanced sideways at his face he didn’t seem to and I stared at him before suddenly realising what he’d said.  Quote Begin Wait, what – a decade?! Quote End  I repeated, sure I’d heard wrong.

I shook my head, forgetting about the cigar as I stared at Helios face and tried to process how old he said he was.  Quote Begin Fuck off, you’re not thirty-six. Quote End  I said, frowning at him in disbelief or awe, depending on whether he was actually telling the truth.  Quote Begin What… seriously? Quote End  I pushed further, leaning closer to him and still studying his face. Did he wear makeup to hide his wrinkles or shit?  Quote Begin But I.. wow, I totally thought you were my age… Quote End  I said, still a little shocked.  Quote Begin And twenty-five isn’t that young, and anyway,  how come you thought I was younger? Quote End  I asked, narrowing my eyes a little more in suspicion.  Quote Begin It’s not like I’m immature or anything... I mean.. fuck, I’m mature. The… maturest… Quote End  I said… raising my cup again and frowning when I realised it was empty.

Quote Begin Huh? Yeah, you have good hands. Quote End  I said, smiling at Helios’ randomness and looking to his hands to confirm it. They were bigger than I expected if I was going to go with the tiny dick theory and I frowned at them, lost in thought. I glanced to the cards on the table and – oh fuck. Scopa.  Quote Begin Oh wait, hand, uh, yeah, you have a… Quote End  I leaned forward and squinted at his cards, resting my hand on Helios’ leg for support.  Quote Begin Uh… yeah, that’s..it's an okay hand, it’s good - you want bigger numbers, bigger numbers are better. And then you… the cards on the table, they have to add up, so if you have loads of big numbers it’s.. it’s really cool. Quote End  I finished lamely, struggling to think about how to explain the game. He had an okay hand. And hands. I found myself staring at them again until I realised it, and I pushed down on his leg with my hand to try and sit back up straight and focus on the game. My shoulder nudged against Helios’ and I looked up to him, ready to apologise. But my eyes met his and no words formed. My mouth uselessly hung open instead. I just stopped, staring at him as my heart thudded in my chest. Fuck, he was…

There was a sharp knock on the door and I jumped, jarring into Helios and then half-sliding off the bed, knocking cards everywhere.  Quote Begin Fuck. Quote End  I breathed, staring towards the door as the room swam around it. There was one thought in my mind. Vampires..

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics