setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] The Oregon Trail - Page 6

[Private] The Oregon Trail

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] The Oregon Trail

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:49 pm

I smirked more at Helios response, biting my lip and glancing away when he looked a little flustered. What surprised me more though was that when I looked back, although he looked uncomfortable he was smiling. I’d expected… well, fuck, I hadn’t; completely known what to expect, but something along the lines of him being scandalised or giving me some church lecture lesson.

I followed Helios’ gaze out the window and the topic was pushed out of my mind by what I saw out there.  Quote Begin Rain? Fuck.. at least we’re in a car though. But I guess if it’s raining that means no beach. Quote End I frowned up at the grey sky outside as if that might make it go away. We might not have been able to swim but I’d been looking forward to just walking barefoot in the sand and going to the tourist style shops there’d probably be round it. And the ice-cream. Even if the weather sucked there was always ice-cream available round beaches.

The waitress returned with two mugs of steaming coffee and a small jug of milk, issuing a smile and explanation that the milkshake would be along in a second. I tipped as much of the milk into my cup as possible and started adding the first out of the four sugar packets I’d picked out.  Quote Begin You know, if it is strawberry milkshake you could always see if it is a delicacy or shit. Quote End  I smiled at Helios, going onto the next sugar packet and almost spilling it outside the cup as I was distracted.  Quote Begin Fuck… Quote End  I muttered, then quickly emptying the others into the cup, giving it a small stir and taking a sip, then licking the spoon. It made something jolt in my mind and I smirked a bit again.  Quote Begin Spoons. And forks. You put them in your mouth, and then take them out. Quote End I pointed out to Helios, trying to act as if I hadn’t been talking about something very different earlier. Spoons weren’t exactly what I’d had in mind at all. There probably wasn’t anything in the Bible about how you shouldn’t suck on spoons either.  Quote Begin …and… ice-pops. And toothpaste. Quote End  I added on, trying to think of other things that you put in and out of you mouth and feeling like I was winning, though I didn't have any idea what I was winning or whatever point I was event trying to make anymore.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:26 pm

There is always tomorrow. I replied as I pushed up my sleeves and placed my hands back on the surface. Coffee however was a welcome distraction for my hands and I reached to hold the mug firmly, letting the warmth of it's contents heat my skin. I gave the waitress a nod of thanks and picked up the cup to take a sip, raising my brows so my eyes could see over the rim and watch Lenny prepare his cup. It was not at all how I enjoyed my coffee but I could not say I was surprised that it was how he enjoyed his. I smirked as I placed the mug down and let my hands find their way around the cup again.

I will try it if you do. I replied, not willing to take such a an assumed unpleasant leap of faith alone.

I took in a deep breath, the steam from my cup was rising from below my chin and the scent was giving me a surge of energy that I desperately needed. My eyes closed as I took in another sniff of the calming scent but they shot open at what he said next. Had that been what he meant earlier? I started to feel embarrassed again, wondering if it was really him with the suggestive thoughts or me. Among other things? I added, not entirely sure where I was going with it. Maybe I was hoping he would confirm his mind had gone there as well so I did not have to feel so embarrassed over my assumption.

Speaking of things going in your mouth... I blurted out as the waitress began placing our milkshakes on the table in front of us. My eyes widened again and I could sense that rosy tone returning to my cheeks. The waitress looked at my suspiciously then back to Lenny before smirking. The potatoes are going to take a bit longer but this should hold you boys over until it's done. Holler if you all need anything else. She disappeared a few tables down to take someone else's order and I just sat there, shocked and wondering why I would have even said such a thing.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:38 am

Even with Helios’ first reaction, I hadn’t expected what came out of his mouth next. My eyes widened as I glanced from the waitress to him and vainly bit at my lip to try and stop myself laughing when she was there. Her smirk only made it worse.

When she finally left, and it felt like fucking forever, I let out a loud breath and tried to laugh as quietly as possible, catching Helios’ eye and the expression on his face and just sniggering behind my hand even more.  Quote Begin Fuck.. the look on her face..! Quote End  I managed as I calmed down a bit, the look on my own just as red as Helios’ had been but from trying not to burst out laughing rather than embarrassment.  Quote Begin And yeah.. Quote End  I added on, attempting to pick up my coffee and stopping when I nearly spilled it as the threat of laughter kept looming over me,  Quote Begin ..among other things. But... I guess that depend whose mouth it is.. Quote End  I grinned at Helios, thrilled he was able to be in on the joke and also enjoying causing his reaction. A part of me hadn’t even expected him to get it. I grinned more, unable to stop the ridiculous smile whenever I met Helios’ eyes.

I reached out for one of the other cups on the table, pulling my milkshake towards me. I nearly started laughing again when I noticed the colour of it and gave the straw an experimental suck.  Quote Begin Shit, it is strawberry. Quote End  I looked down at the thick pink liquid again and then stared up at Helios, unable to believe the chances. Quote Begin I’ll try the coffee thing too but.. you have to first. Deal? Quote End  Fuck, like I’d really try it if he did and it was crap.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:05 am

Seeing his red face and watching him struggle to keep from laughing too loudly was contagious. It was absolutely impossible for me to keep a straight face and I smiled before burying my face in my hands. I let them slide down my cheeks and around my neck; and my wide grin and attempt to keep from laughing was causing a tense pain to form in my cheeks. My eyes tried to focus on the table, anything but him or anyone else, at least until I could stop struggling with that urge to give into my embarrassment and laugh.

I-I, I really was not thinking. I stammered, starting to speak without knowing exactly what I wanted to say never resulted in smooth sentences. I sighed, hoping the force of air from my lungs would help me refocus. I still had not made eye contact and instead let my eyes focus on my cup of coffee, wondering how I was going to be able to fit it as well as a milkshake in me without feeling ill. I picked up the cup and took a sip, slightly choking on the contents at what he said next. A comment that I chose to ignore because it was leading no where productive, or maybe I just felt awkward discussing such a suggestive thing in public.

I was pleasantly surprised at the flavor of the milkshake, however that pleasant feeling disappeared when I realized what I had agreed to moments earlier. How are we going to do this exactly? Just pour and mix? I'm sure this plan would go better if we were not trying to mix hot coffee with a cold milkshake. Coffee flavoring might have been a better approach, or maybe I was just trying to find a way to back out of the deal. I sighed heavily before throwing my hands up. Fuck it, let's do it.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:37 am

I shrugged the topic off, a grin still twitching at the corner of my mouth.  Quote Begin It wasn’t that bad. Quote End  I pointed out to Helios, who was acting like… fuck, like he’d actually been caught doing what we were talking about. Or… maybe not something that extreme, but a lot worse than a few suggestive comments.

It must have been the church stuff -that was what I figured. When he’d been smiling along it was easy to forget Helios actually was a priest. The same thing happened if I ever spoke to him about vampires, about the supplies he’d given me and what to do with them. When we were talking about those things the fact it was a priest I was talking too always slipped my mind as well.

Quote Begin Uh… Quote End  I stared down at my coffee and milkshake, feeling sad at the possibility the dare might mean they were wasted, and then up to Helios when he swore. If anything that was weirder than his early reaction, halting my thought process.  Quote Begin Yeah. Yeah, okay. Quote End  I nodded, waste of food forgotten as I was spurred on by Helios’ sudden determination. I grabbed each of the cups, ready to mix them together before noticing a problem that stood in the way of that.  Quote Begin I dunno, I don’t think it’ll fit. I mean, I’ll probably have to drink some more of both before I can mix them. Quote End  I stared down at the cups, narrowing my eyes at them, and then sighed and figured I should get it over with. I grabbed my coffee and took a big mouthful, as I was doing so something occurring to me. I made a noise at Helios to get him to watch and grabbed the milkshake. After leaving a few seconds to help the coffee in my mouth cool down, I tried to move the coffee to one side of my mouth, shoved the straw between my lips and carefully sucked up some milkshake, frowning at how cold it felt in comparison to the coffee.

I let them mix in my mouth, frowning at Helios as I tried to work out if I liked the taste or not. I swallowed and couldn’t help pull a face, but then also look between the two cups in confusion.  Quote Begin ..it tastes weird. Quote End  I decided, because it had.  Quote Begin But... not bad I guess. Quote End  I continued, the aftertaste actually quite nice. Quote Begin The cold and hot is weird though. It’s sort of made my teeth ache. Quote End  I admitted. But I was still glancing between the two cups, eventually drawing my gaze back up to Helios.  Quote Begin I dunno... I kind of want to try it again, it’s hard to know if I like it just from that. Quote End  I grinned, interrupted by the return of the waitress with Helios’ potatoes and my plate of waffles.

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics