setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] The Oregon Trail - Page 5

[Private] The Oregon Trail

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] The Oregon Trail

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:01 am

That appears to be it. I replied after looking at the image. My eyes went right back to my menu, not really searching for anything in particular but more just hoping something would grab my attention. Oh yes, I will be having one. It is exactly why I wanted to come here. I grinned, a grin that disappeared after hearing what he had to say next. My expression was replaced with one of confusion. We can have milk. I replied, my smile returning. Why would he even think we could not have milk? Sometimes I wanted to ask him how he came the conclusions that he did about certain things.

If that is what you want. I replied, happily closing my menu. I would have spent too long trying to decide on something anyway. What flavor are you getting? The milkshake I mean. I knew exactly what I wanted. It was the same flavor I had always chosen, and probably the only one I would ever choose.

Why would you think I could not have milk? I blurted out, more curiously than anything else.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:19 pm

Quote Begin Yeah, I want the milkshake and waffles.. and a coffee too… Quote End  I pored over the drinks menu before returning to the section especially for the milkshakes, frowning in deliberation over the flavours.  Quote Begin Oh, cool and I dunno… I mean, if we’re halving or sharing or whatever then we both have to like it? ..the flavour… Quote End  I glanced back to the list, mouth parting as I thought deeper about it though I mainly focussed on the ones there were small images of or in the examples rather than reading all that shit. Quote Begin The toffee, caramel and peanut butter one looks… wait, no… the cherry and… oh, there’s a chocolate one… Quote End  I broke off, something occurring to me and I glanced up at Helios over the menu.  Quote Begin Do they make them out of ice-cream? Quote End  I asked, torn between all of the unusual flavours unless that was true.

I was still staring intently at the pictures and thinking it over when Helios question interrupted me. Quote Begin Huh? Quote End  I sat back, leaning against the booth and frowning as I tried to work out if he was making fun of me for getting it wrong. He didn’t seem to be though… so I started trying to explain, very slowly because my gaze kept trailing back to the images of the milkshakes.  Quote Begin Uh, I dunno, just… I thought because of the god stuff like you can’t have sex… and… you help old people because of church rules and whatever… and that because god likes animals or he made them that you wouldn’t eat them… or the stuff that comes from them.. because of that. You know, like… Presbyterianism or whatever, it’s a church thing. Quote End  It made sense to me anyway and I didn’t even believe in that stuff, so I didn’t know how Helios didn’t know about that shit. I finally tore my gaze from the menu and frowned at Helios, staring after making eye contact.  Quote Begin You’re sure you can have milk and the church just didn’t tell you or something, right? Quote End  Shit, that would suck if it was true, but as I generally hated priests and the fucking church then a part of me couldn’t help wish it was in some way.

A woman came up, tapping the end of her pen on a pad and interrupting those thoughts.  " You guys ready to order? "  She asked.  Quote Begin Yeah.. a coffee, a milky one and a plate of waffles and... Quote End  I started, and then stared forlornly back at the menu, unable to choose a flavour milkshake still.  Quote Begin And uh, a milkshake. Quote End  "Ooh, they’ve a favourite, good choice. Which flavour? "  The woman continued, and I looked to Helios to choose, starting to feel pressured.  Quote Begin Which one do you want? Quote End

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:20 am

I think they do? I replied to his question. Trying to follow everything else he was saying was not exactly easy. I was hoping a cup of coffee would wake me up enough to make me useful in the conversation.

When he started to answer my question I was not exactly sure where he was going with it until he said ''church rules'' and in that moment I was beginning to understand Lenny had a very distorted view of how I lived my life. I wanted to correct him, but I was not ignorant to the human mind and the kind of reactions words and actions could provoke. No es lo que entra en la boca lo que contamina al hombre; sino lo que sale de la boca, eso es lo que contamina al hombre. - It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.

I tried to understand what he was trying to say but it honestly made no sense. The quote however, was enough to put a lid on the topic. I am sure I can have milk. I added, wanting to explain more on the topic but worried I would be left behind swimming in yet another sea of confusion if it continued on.

My attention turned to the waitress and I grinned at her perfect timing. I think I will just have a cup of coffee and a side of potatoes. I handed her the menu and looked to Helios. Can we get that in two separate cups? And... Can you surprise us with the flavor? I asked, but directing my question to the two of them, wondering if Lenny would be okay with that suggestion.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:01 pm

Yes, we sure can. ” The waitress smiled and I nodded in agreement with the surprise and then grinned myself because it was a good idea. “’Just be a few minutes.[] She said as she walked away.

Quote Begin That’s cool.. I didn’t think of that. Or the cup thing. I was just gonna pour half into my coffee cup or shit when I’d finished it.. but I guess if it's strawberry milkshake or whatever then that might tasted sort of weird. Quote End  Strawberry and coffee definitely didn’t sound great and I pulled a face just thinking of it.

I reached over to grab the basket containing sugar, salt and whatever else and began sorting through it to find the sugar packets ready for my coffee.  Quote Begin So.. that stuff you said, Quote End  I glanced up to Helios,  Quote Begin Was that from the Bible? Quote End  It had sounded like it, and for once it actually made sense. Food wasn’t bad for you and the only thing I could think that came out of a mouth was spit, which was pretty disgusting. Defile seemed a fucking serious word though, but then religious shit always was. I hummed to myself as I continued sorting sugar packets, mouth falling open because the packages for salt and sugar were almost fucking identical. It was a minute or so before the question that made me smirk popped into my head. All I could think of was how funny it was, completely overlooking how Helios was a priest and probably wouldn’t find it amusing, and I couldn’t help myself, glancing to him with mischief and hiding a grin behind my sleeve.  Quote Begin Uh.. so.. what if something goes in and out of a mouth? Quote End  I asked, giving up trying to keep a straight face and smirking at Helios instead.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:47 am

The smell of fresh coffee being brewed behind the counter reached my nose and it was just enough fuel to keep my eyes open until my cup arrived. It was a strange thing, being so tired from driving. All it was, was sitting for an extended period of time really, but it was exhausting despite requiring so little physical movement.

I began unraveling my eating utensils from their napkin and once free, I unfolded the napkin as well and tucked a corner of it in the neck of my shirt. I then placed my spoon, knife, and fork perfectly parallel to one another on the table, while listening to Lenny of course. Possibly, although maybe coffee and strawberry milkshake is just a delicacy waiting to be discovered. I smiled. It did not sound particularly delicious to me, but I would try it.

I raised my eyebrows and crossed my fingers over the table. It was. I had expected him to say something in return, but the words he chose caught me off guard. I could sense my cheeks reddening, feeling guilty for my mind going somewhere that perhaps he didn't intend to lead it. However, I realized quickly that he meant it exactly how I took it when I noticed the smirk on his face. I um... My smile widened, I suppose uh...

I guess that is... Well that is a good question. I nervously rubbed my hand over my jaw and let my eyes travel around the room before finally landing out the window. It appears we might encounter rain. I said quickly, wanting to change the subject before the redness in my cheeks became obvious.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics