setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] The Oregon Trail - Page 4

[Private] The Oregon Trail

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] The Oregon Trail

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:09 pm

I kept watching Helios, feeling strangely out of my depth and the worst thing was that I didn’t know what the fuck I was out of depth in.

Quote Begin Oh… Quote End  I frowned again, trying to get over the thought that something didn’t fit right and shifting in my seat turning to watch out the window as we passed a car, speeding up.  Quote Begin I dunno.. I just, I thought it might be interesting I guess. Quote End  I shrugged, almost disappointed there wasn’t a story. Though I couldn’t help thinking there was something more Helios wasn’t telling me from the strange way he was starting to act. It just felt.. weird somehow.  Quote Begin Uh, a soda or something if we have to stop.. yeah. Quote End  I stopped, cleared my throat only to try and continue again,  Quote Begin So.. you’ve  never… one hasn’t… you haven’t been uh, bitten by one or anything? Quote End  I asked quietly, forcing the words out as I glanced at him, again catching that same vibe from him.  Quote Begin Are you okay? Quote End I suddenly blurted out, because it was starting to seem like Helios wasn’t.  Quote Begin I mean, it’s okay if you’re not.. Quote End  I tagged on, voice fading. But what did Helios have to feel not okay about if nothing had happened? My mind backtracked to his phrasing and how he’d been introduced to a vampire in an ‘unpleasant way’ and my lip rounded into an o shape. Maybe something had happened?  Quote Begin You know, I mean, it’s not easy and it sounds shit, but if you wanna talk it can help. Sometimes. Quote End  I offered to him, fidgeting with my hands in my lap. I figured I owed him that at least for all the times I’d talked to Helios, even sparing my curiosity and the fact friendships were meant to go two ways. If that’s even what it was between us. I still couldn’t shake the feeling sometimes of being part of his job.

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:00 pm

I needed some water, or maybe something stronger. My anxiety was like a roller coaster. I could be fine, for weeks even, and one little thing could throw me completely off track. I heard myself echo. I didn't want to bring up certain things to Lenny during this trip mainly because of the car. When you're in a moving vehicle, there is no escape from things you don't want to talk about, there is no distraction but the road ahead. Now I was feeling trapped, and I let my eyes land over the prayer on my right arm. Knowing the prayer by heart I repeated it in my mind over and over again, hoping it would provide me with a sense of calm.

I have never been bitten. I replied calmly this time. It is um... It is not something I care to talk about. My voice nearly cracked, but I held it back. It was a painful thing, something I would probably spend my entire life trying to avoid feeling. It is a boring story. I promise, I am doing you a favor. I laughed, but this time it was forced.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:27 pm

I glared down at my hands a little, feeling pissed off at Helios. Fuck, I understood not wanting to talk, I really fucking understood that, but after telling Helios everything I’d gone through it felt fucked that he didn’t want to do the same back.  Quote Begin You’ll talk to me about a fucking tattoo on your ass but not about actual shit. Quote End  I muttered, but obviously loud enough for him to hear.

The bitterness of my voice did make me feel guilty though, and the fact I didn’t want to have to sit all the way to Oregon in a fucking awkward car ride that I couldn’t get out of made me clear my throat and sit up from my slumped position, cheeks flushed with anger but not just at Helios, at myself. I was making things depressing as usual without even talking about things that had happened to me. I uncrossed my arms, grabbed the bag of cookies and held it out to Helios, not saying anything or looking at him but shaking them a bit to get his attention.

Quote Begin So, um, where did you hear about this milkshake shit anyway? Quote End  I asked, stuffing a cookie into my mouth to stop myself saying any more.

I jolted awake as the car stilled, the vibrating hum of the seat stopping as the ignition turned off.  Quote Begin Hrm? Whassat? ‘we there? Quote End  I mumbled, sitting up from where I’d twisted to lean against the seat and wiping at a patch of drool when I noticed it, and then looking around at what was obviously a diner parking lot.

Quote Begin Hey, I fell asleep? Quote End  I asked even though the answer was obvious, voice laced with sleep and yawning as I glanced over to Helios and slowly started to properly wake up.  Quote Begin Wait, this is the diner with the cool milkshake, right? Quote End

Back to top Go down

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:09 pm

I felt guilty, but I also felt... Proud. I had maintained my secret life for a very long time, and never once had I faltered. There had been many times when I wanted desperately to confide in someone and seek someone other than myself for strength and comfort beyond the physical. Even in hopelessness I did not fail. Even in desperation, I did not reveal. And even now, after hearing his upset response to my lack of information I did not say a word about it. Perhaps some would say I owed him at least a look into my past, but to me, it was better for the both of us if he did not know anything at all about it.

Sam actually, she had told me about it before she had expressed her desire to come along for this trip. I replied, my tone back to normal, nerves stabilizing, and mind nearly at ease. I reached forward to turn the stereo completely off, which had been playing lowly the entire time before sitting back in my seat. The exit was coming up and in order to prevent having to explain why I had lied about gas, I would need to take that exit.

My eyes looked at Lenny before I switched back to the fast lane. He had fallen asleep so quickly, and in a way, I was relieved that we would not have to stop.

We are here. I replied through a yawn. I stretched my back and rubbed at my eyes before finally stepping out of the car, more than happy to actually be standing. Yes, milkshake and food. I closed my door and stretched once more, trying to get the tension out of my body from sitting for so long.

A chill ran up and down my arms and started towards the door, looking back to make sure Lenny was following before stepping into the warmth of the diner. ''How many?'' the petite woman asked, letting her hand rest over the menus, prepared to pull out the right amount before leading us to our seat. Two. I replied and followed her to the booth in the corner. I ordered myself a cup of black coffee and began looking over the menu. Nothing sounded good but coffee at this point.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Sep 26, 2014 3:38 pm

I stretched a little, still yawning and half-stretching as I got out the car and followed Helios into the diner, trying will myself awake. The cold air was helping, but not much. I was still rubbing at my face while Helios spoke to the waitress, warmth from the diner slowly taking away the shocked, sleepy numbness from outside and developing into a comfortable feeling as I sat down.

Quote Begin So… this’s the milkshake? Quote End  I turned my menu round to show a big image on the inside cover to Helios, stifling a yawn and knocking over the salt shaker on the table in the process. I picked it back up and brushed lamely at the salt that had spilled over Helios’ side of the table. Quote Begin Shit, sorry. Anyway, fuck, I’m having one of those…. It’s huge.. is that a fucking trifle bowl thing it's in?! Quote End  I leaned closer to the picture, squinting at it and trying to work out the perspective of it. It could just be a trick on the menu to make you think it was bigger than it was.  Quote Begin They always make stuff look bigger in pictures, tricking you and shit. Anyway, you gonna have one? Quote End  I asked, filling in the silence over the annoying radio in the background and scanning the pictures on the menu. The waffles looked good too…  Quote Begin Wait, can priests have milkshakes? I mean, with the milk in them or whatever? Quote End  I asked, wrinkling my nose as I tried to remember if it was priests that couldn’t have milk and wouldn’t eat animals and stuff because of some church rule. Actually, that might not be priests…  Quote Begin You wanna go half if you can? Quote End  I added on hopefully, thinking of the large plate of waffles I also wanted and the bag of cookies I’d eaten on the drive, not to mention the leftover takeout I’d had for breakfast while packing. It'd seem of a waste of a milkshake if I couldn't drink it all, but I didn't just want a fucking milkshake either.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics