setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

[Private] The Oregon Trail - Page 3

[Private] The Oregon Trail

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: [Private] The Oregon Trail

Helios Tallon | Army of God; Chief

Posted on Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:09 am

So sorry, I wanted to post a LOA but I really didn't expect I'd take this long. x.x
I nodded in agreement. The food was nice, and I was beginning to wonder if I had discovered one of his interests. He was after all, the only one who had brought snacks, suggested food, and expressed fondness for food so far.

I was not particularly interested in getting to know him for the right reasons. It did not matter the situation, I was still the same person I had always been. The sad truth was, knowing more about him would make it easier to find out what I really wanted to know. A part of me felt guilty for that, but another part of me was proud of myself for not taking the bait. The bait being the temptation to get emotionally invested in another. Friends were not allowed. At least my heart knew that now, even if it had to endure tragedy to get there.

Well I would hope they would accept their partner. A tattoo does not make a man or woman, it only represents a period of time in their life.

I glanced at him before finding control over my emotionless expression once again. Had I said something wrong? The part of me that was feeling guilty strengthened it's grip on my heart and mind. I was getting off track. I wanted him to feel comfortable but I also needed to remember who he was and what he was going through. It was not walking on egg shells, it was just caution with my choice in words that was required; And I had already begun making a mental checklist of the topics I should and should not bring up.

Perhaps. It was a lie in the moment. However I knew myself, and I knew just how much I had considered getting another. However in this moment I was thinking more of my duty to the church than anything else. They had strongly opposed my previous tattoos. In fact when I chose to get the one on my neck it almost lead to the most severe of consequences. It was however, a decision I had made in rebellion. Even to this day I was uncertain why they did not strip me of my collar.

Food is about the only thing you can do there. However I'm sure we can think of something. The town was a tourist town, however it did not provide much in terms of entertainment. I had always found it odd that they would label it as a tourist town without actually having anything for outsiders to see aside from the ocean and endless trees. Oh and of course the shops, which provided the usual silly key chains and coffee mugs with the town name printed on them.

There is a diner there that makes a pretty famous milkshake if you are interested. Unless you have something else in mind? Or we can eat before we get there, I do not mind either way.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:09 am

I frowned, deep in thought as I dwelled on Helios’ answer.  Quote Begin Yeah.. I guess, but- I mean, what if you liked someone, yeah.. but then you found out they had a massive tattoo of, Quote End  I paused, stuck as I struggled to think of something Helios would hate besides the obvious, and then going with it anyway because of lack of alternative,  Quote Begin a vampire all over their back or something? Wouldn’t that.. change things? Quote End  I frowned at Helios this time, openly curious about his answer and feeling incredibly invested in the topic I'd never even thought of before.

It got me thinking though ,the topics of vampires. I’d wondered about Helios a lot over the months of getting to know him, of talking to him about my own issues. It was hard not to think about whatever issues he must have. But whenever I’d spoken to him on the phone the conversation somehow always ended up on myself or something random other than him.

Quote Begin Food’s good, and I can wait to go to that diner.. how far away are we? The milkshake sounds cool – why’s it famous? Because it’s so good? Or really big? Quote End  I dug another cookie out of the bag, mind distracted from more serious topics by food again as I wondered why exactly a milkshake might be well known. It obviously had to taste really good, or be fucking huge. That was always why people talked about food and either way I was looking forward to it. Quote Begin Maybe it's even be both. Quote End I wondered aloud.

My mind slowly drifted back to the previous topic and I sneaked a few glances at Helios, chewing at my nails as I thought. A few times I opened my mouth to say something but closed it again. I watched out of the window and tried to forget about the question until I just gave up, sighing heavily and turning back to Helios.

Quote Begin Helios.. I, uh… why did you become a vampire hunter? Quote End  I asked, not looking away as I watched him for the answer that my mind had been wondering about for so long.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:48 am

I suppose if you loved the person, any physical flaws would not matter, even if they were silly enough to have a vampire tattoo on their back.  I would hope anyway, though I suppose his case would be different. Could I be with someone who had a physical reminder of my painful past? Could I look at them every day and be reminded of that pain? Or would they be enough? Could they hold the power to make me look at my pain differently? If I loved them enough, could they really change my mind? Did anyone have the power to make shit smell like roses? Maybe not.

An hour or so, if we are lucky enough to avoid traffic when we hit the 101. It was unlikely we would encounter traffic. Not at this hour, however it was never a bad thing to prepare for it. I cannot say I know. I suppose we will find out if it is worthy of its reputation together.

I shifted in my seat and began to pick up speed once again. His question was an uncomfortable one. Maybe I was trying to distract myself with the speedometer to buy myself some time so I could find an easier way to avoid the question. Sharing was not just something I avoided because I found it uncomfortable. Sharing was just another thing enemies could use against you. It was not exactly uncommon in my world for people to capture innocent people in order to find out crucial information. Unfortunately my enemies did not practice friendly tactics in order to get what they wanted.

The less he knew, the better off he would be, and I suppose the better off I would be as well. The less people know about me, the more comfortable I can be knowing my past was my own. No reason. I lied. It unfortunately was an unbelievable one considering it took me far too long to actually answer his question. I suppose I just wanted to do something meaningful with my life. I added, but it did not sound anymore believable.

Back to top Go down

Lenny Tronconi | Army of God; Hunter

Posted on Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:39 am

Quote Begin Yeah? Quote End  I raised an eyebrow at Helios, then shrugged.  Quote Begin I don’t think I could. Quote End  Or more, I wouldn’t fucking want to be with anyone that had anything to do with vampires on their body, but then I couldn’t even think of a scenario where I loved someone that much or even much at all, or vice-versa, so I just sighed heavily and dropped it the subject.

I was much more interested in Helios’ reply to my question, and the longer he was silent, the more I stared intensely at him, my eyes narrowing. When I actually got an answer it wasn’t the one I was expecting.

Quote Begin I.. what.. really? Quote End  I frowned harder at Helios, tone not disbelieving so much as I was just finding it difficult to comprehend. If you wanted to do something meaningful with your life… you went and gave money to charities for dolphins or shit or tried to become the president – meaningful shit like that. Maybe even became a cop or something. It didn’t help that Helios sounded funny when he said it or took so long either – it just didn’t make sense and the expression on my face completely mirrored that.  Quote Begin But… but how did you even know about them? Quote End  I asked, that being the next obvious question that popped into my mind,  Quote Begin I mean, you wanted to do it because it was.. uh, meaningful, but how did you even know about vampires to want to become a vampire hunter? …most people… don’t know? Quote End I asked, starting to feel confused.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:53 pm

There was a ball in my throat and knots in my stomach. It was not his question that brought me anxiety, but the thoughts his question brought to the surface. I tried to shake the memory of the night before from my mind, and earlier my attempts had been successful, but not this time. I... I looked at him with slight panic in my eyes before quickly turning them back to the road. I... I? I what? I could not think of a way to respond to his questions and was desperate for a way out. I think we need gas. I said quickly before switching on the blinker to get into the next lane. Our tank was nearly full however. It was a lie in the midst of panic, and those never worked out in my favor.

I joined the church first. I said after finding the right words, hoping to keep him from looking at the fuel meter. And a vampire was introduced to me in an unpleasant way, and I... Well the details are not that interesting. I found the right people to help me, and became what I am now. My reply was weighed down with guilt and thick with deception. I think there is a gas station coming up soon, would you like anything?

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics