setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

Index Annual Winter Ball 2014 - The Night Before Christmas - Page 9

Index Annual Winter Ball 2014 - The Night Before Christmas

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Index Annual Winter Ball 2014 - The Night Before Christmas

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:31 pm

When Peyton walked past me, it only annoyed me more, and her attention on the food instead of me furthered that. However, I tried to reign in my temper, taking a few deep breaths, and just folded my arms and stared her down again.

Quote Begin That jacket is the property of the security company, and that tray the property of the catering company.Quote End I said, letting those facts answer Peyton's question for her. I narrowed my eyes and then closed them for a second, trying not to feel so stern, but being called a hypocrite was one of the things that really struck a nerve with me. I didn't get angry or bothered for much, but that always did it.

Making sure to block Peyton in case she tried to stalk off again, I fixed her with a steady look and started to unravel what she'd said. Quote Begin Actually, I never assumed, or said, that your 'Barbie' comment was about me.Quote End I corrected Peyton, because my issue with her was a lot less to do with that statement and more to do with her continued disrespect for her, and my, work. Quote Begin Also, when a person repeatedly acts negatively towards a group of people, it's not assumptive to reason that they dislike them, but deductive reasoning.Quote End I wondered if it had slipped Peyton's mind that I was a detective. I deducted, detected and figured things out even when I didn't need to - it was difficult to turn it off.

I tried to tune down the glare that had refixed itself on my face, lowering my stature instead of standing up tall as I had been. Quote Begin I'm sorry if I got angry, but just as you don't like dishonesty, I don't like hypocrisy.Quote End I said, trying to relate to the large woman in front of me, even though I wasn't sure it would work, on her surface, at least. Quote Begin So I'd really like you to explain properly how I am a hypocrite.Quote End I unfolded my arms and put them on my hips, frowning up at Peyton.

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:58 pm

I laughed, because honestly I'd predicted her answer when I'd made the fucking suggestion. Damn, bitch was predictable or what? I lowered the tray to the ground, keeping my gaze on hers as I stood up and shrugged off the jacket letting it drop on top of it. Thank you, for pointing out the obvious. Figured I'd chance my luck, no big deal. It was fucking hilarious really, because there she was looking at me like she was a teacher and I was some badly behaved student when really I just didn't give a shit about her or her authority. The amused smirk on my face probably showed it too.

My gaze narrowed slightly when she blocked my way again. Now that was kind of fucking irritating. This little mouse of a woman had bigger balls than I'd given her credit for. Not that it mattered now, all I could think about was leaving and getting away from all this crazy that had been disguised but a goody-goody wrapping. Jesus fucking Christ, why the hell does it even matter? We're strangers and probably won't be seeing each other again so why the hell do you care what the fuck my opinions are? Fuck, I could probably guess she had some fucking savior-boner and wanted to cure the whole damn world. Fine, you were offended by my fucking disdain for law enforcement and people in general? Then that's your problem so deal with it however you want. I unzipped the black jacket I'd had under the hi-vis and the cool air helped calm my temper.

I don't care if you were angry, that's another thing that's your problem. But fine, I'll try give you a proper answer or whatever the fuck. I rolled my eyes and a rolled my neck before continuing. Right, so I pretty much dislike most people I meet. Like I said before, you wouldn't believe how much people lie so like why fucking waste energy looking for the ones who don't? Humanity as a whole? I just really don't give a shit what happens, just hope I'm dead before it's anything overly fucked up. So while I'm being honestly about my opinions on all that you decide to call me a hypocrite, which I don't fucking get because I was being fucking honest with everything I said. No seriously, I still didn't get how I was the fucking hypocrite here. Isn't freedom of speech my right? And if I wanna use that right to voice my honest opinion then isn't the the kinda thing you insinuated you'd respect? Not have to like or any of that shit. Fuck it if I misinterpreted that then fine, maybe you're not a hypocrite. But none of that changes the fact that I still really don't give a damn.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:24 pm

I stayed silent, letting Peyton talk. I knew one of the most annoying things was somebody who butted in, so even though she'd taken some of what I said incorrectly, I let her finish.

When she had, I nodded, and tried to work out what to say first.

Quote Begin I... I didn't mean it entirely like that, no. I think people have the right to have their own wishes, and opinions, but when they encroach on other people in a negative way... that changes things.Quote End I could think of examples, but I wondered if that might just confuse the mess the conversation had already become even more. Quote Begin And I wasn't saying you were dishonest in that you were lying... but that you complain about this event, the people at it, and yet you still took the job. In that way, that was what I meant could be taken as hypocritical. You even probably agree... that being honest isn't just about what someone says, but what they do too?Quote End I asked, trying to get back on some common ground. What had happened to the woman who'd shared her food with me, and helped me out? I felt like I'd gone about confronting her problematic behavior in the wrong way, but I didn't know what the right way was.

Quote Begin And.. I think it's really sad you think of humanity like that. I can understand it - I think there's a lot of bad out there, but even in my job, with the criminals I've met.. there's a lot of good, too. Isn't there someone, anyone in your life or in the world, who you wish the world was a better place for?Quote End I asked, my mind immediately conjuring up an image of Sam. I loved my parents and they definitely came first in my list of loved ones, but there was something about Sam that was so troubled, even under his courage and strength, that had always struck me. I'd seen a lot as a cop, but there had been times when I'd caught expressions on Sam's face that made me shudder to think at the horrors he must have seen. I shook my head, letting out a sad sigh and trying not to let thoughts of Sam weigh me down at that point. I needed to focus on Peyton.

It was colder outside, the breeze slowly making the low temperatures more noticeable even with the large jacket, but I had a sense that talking to Peyton was important. It felt important, though that could have just been that the topic was something I was so passionate about. Peyton's disrespect had an unusual effect on me the more I thought about it. I started to feel sorry for her, for how depressing her outlook must make life. The things she must have missed or overlooked due to it tugged at my heartstrings and I once again felt sure that she was trying to cover over some sort of hurt within her, similar to having a bark worse than her bite.

I smiled, a little self-deprecatingly as I thought of something Sam had said. Quote Begin Perhaps it's just that I can't understand not caring about anything. I've been told I care too much... but, I want there to be change, and I'm not going to give up. I'll die still fighting for it if I have to.Quote End I smiled at Peyton. Even as I'd said it, my determination was building up again. When it came to it, I would die for my beliefs, or the people I cared about. And I'd find out what had happened to Sam if it was the last thing I did, no matter how difficult it would be, I wasn't going to give up on that, either. Quote Begin ..maybe one day you'll find something that will make you.. give a 'shit'.Quote End I added on, more quietly and with a glance to Peyton, bringing when I stumbled over the curse word.

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:11 pm

God this was really fucking staring to drag on. I had never met someone so goddamn opinionated before, and of fucking course I'd been stuck with her. Had I mentioned how much that sucked? Probably, but it sucked enough that mentioning in twice still wasn't enough. The worst part was that I could fucking tell she was paying attention to what I said, processing it and actually coming up with what she'd say in return. Could we not just end the shitty conversation here, no?

Jesus, I wasn't encroaching on your... whatever. Fuck it, I like tattoo's and cars right? You could badmouth them in the worst fucking way, bitch in my ear about it and it wouldn't really matter. I wouldn't care or let your opinion bother me just because it was the opposite of mine.

Like what the hell was this? Dr. Phil? I shrugged when she explained how I was 'hypocritical', barely managing not to groan aloud at her words. Yeah, because I'm the only person in the world who took a job they didn't like. Kinda immature to see it like that, isn't it? Fuck, if not immature then it definitely comes across as damn naive. Yeah, being honest was about your actions too, but that didn't mean that me taking a job I was less than pleased with made me 'dishonest'. I felt like telling her to grow the fuck up but decided not to waste my breath. 

She couldn't be for real. I was tried of her saintly portrayal and that probably pushed me to go a little farther than I'd planned to. With the time it took to fucking think I was in her head, hearing the fucking sincerity behind her words as she spoke. Oh great, she really was a fucking wannabe Mother Theresa. Ugh, why the hell should someone matter enough that I'd put their fucking welfare above my own? I was lying though. There would always be someone I'd put above myself, but it didn't fucking matter anymore. It was fucking irrelevant, that's what it was.

Her thoughts shifted then, and a guy stood out enough in her mind that it distracted me from my own thoughts. And... holy shit. I fucking knew him. Not personally or anything, but I was good with face and I remembered him. The wolf who didn't know he was a wolf. And she was looking for him. It was like some really terrible script about some tragic plot-line or whatever. I had to stop myself from smirked when she thought about him being 'troubled'. Hah, this chick had no idea just how much, it was fucking hilarious. Less funny were her thoughts about his 'courage and strength', seriously like, gag much?

Then- then oh God. Ugh, she was thinking about me. Ugh no. No no no. The felt fucking sorry for me? God, how fucking retarded was that? I glared at her, not caring she had no idea I knew what she was fucking thinking. A growl rose up in my throat at the whole 'heartstrings' bullshit. Oh give me a fucking break. I was tempted to show her just how fucking bad my 'bite' was, but I'd continue with the 'bark'. Stupid bitch. Maybe I will. Or maybe I'll end up like you still pointlessly fucking looking for something that's already gone. Or someone. I arched a brow at her, a smirk curving my lips as I took a couple of steps back. You've got 'hopeless case' written all over you. I turned my back to her then, more than ready to leave now. Keep the money, I fucking quit. Not even that bonus is worth listening to this. I walked away then, effortlessly hoping a couple of hedges that I knew she had no hope of getting over easily with her dress. Maybe knowing what I knew would come in handy at some point. Or maybe it was just fucking funny, who knew?

Back to top Go down

Posted on Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:57 am

Peyton carried around a large sense of bravado and apathy towards other people, but even if I hadn't been a seasoned detective, I'd have been able to spot her lie from the other side of the ocean. As it was, with my years of experience I could tell it was a sore subject, that there was hurt surrounding caring about others for Peyton.

I wisely decided to keep quiet, but I didn't have much of a choice as before I knew it, Peyton made an unusual growling noise. I took a step back myself at the look in her eyes, surprised and then shocked by what she said. The unexpectedness of it stung. My mouth fell open just for a second as I wondered how she could know, if she had truly meant what I took her words to mean.... then I snapped it back shut and tried to reign in my expression. No, it must have just been a lucky guess.

My gaze hardened as Peyton turned her back on me, and I stayed quiet, jaw clenched as I watched her go away. Hopeless case... the words resounded in my mind, and I simple shook my head. No, it wasn't hopeless at all. I'd find Sam, or what had happened to him, through sheer perseverance and hard work, doing whatever I had to do - I would find out. I didn't need the faith of those jaded like Peyton to keep my determination strong either - it renewed every time I thought of Somansh, of our childhood together, of the mysterious man he'd grown into.

I stared after Peyton, feeling hurt, but also pitiful for her, then turned back and continued the walk of the perimeter, watching out carefully over the gardens.

While Sam held a place in my heart, I wasn't blind or full of romantic notions. I didn't expect him to reciprocate those feelings. His safety was what mattered more to me than anything else, but I had even resigned myself to the worst outcome and had decided anyway that I needed to know the truth, even if Sam wouldn't be there for me to uncover it.

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics