setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

Index Annual Winter Ball 2014 - The Night Before Christmas - Page 8

Index Annual Winter Ball 2014 - The Night Before Christmas

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Index Annual Winter Ball 2014 - The Night Before Christmas

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:59 pm

Isn't one of humanities failings the fact that they've consistently put stupid fuckers in charge? Then before that you had idiots in charge when nobody put them there. People could just take authority if they had big enough balls. I shrugged, thinking that the whole system of leadership was fucked and people had been better off years ago living in caves and shit. I'm not about to trust some system that has a history of fucking up. Respect is earned, not demanded. I looked at her out of the corner of my eye, figuring she'd be smart enough to realize that that statement included her. That I didn't consider her in anyway above me just because she was a cop.

Speaking of cops, I wasn't in the slightest bit fucking surprised when she mentioned how shit things were in the Index force. I mean,  you could try and find a better definition of corrupt but it wouldn't be fucking easy. It wasn't just the humans but also the way that supernaturals had interfered. Not that Princess here would know anything about that. I let out a bark of laughter at the last thing she said though. If you think I'm persuasive then you should meet a... friend of mine. He'd persuade the socks right off your fucking feet. I grinned a little, in on a joke that she had no hope of understanding. Nah though, I'm just bluntly honest with people. Don't think that'd work for me as a cop. Maybe undercover shit, I dunno. I shrugged again, trying to put the idea out of my head but somehow already knowing I'd be thinking about it again.

Finally we were outside, the air cooling my overheated skin in what  was just the fucking best feeling ever right then. I rolled my shoulders and flapped the edges of the jacket. I wasn't cold in the slightest, but there was a reason for that and it wasn't like she'd know it. Yeah, guess you would be cold with only tha dress on under your jacket.Holy shit, was I smooth or what? I smirked a little to myself, letting my gaze wander over out surroundings until what she said brought my focus sharply back to her. Holy shit, and I'd thought she was fucking nuts before? Huh? I mean... what? I looked at he in confusion, not even believing I'd really heard that. I looked her over, deciding to let it go with another shrug. Guess you really weren't kidding about them being fucking idiots if you think that. What? Was I supposed to say thanks for a compliment  didn't want and/or need? Fuck that.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:15 am

My light laugh carried through the cold air, and I couldn't help breaking into another smile when I looked at Peyton. Quote Begin Well, there are two ways you can take what I said, and I suppose it's up to you which you're most comfortable with.Quote End If Peyton wanted to believe that her own work only seemed credible because the majority of Index cops' was less than poor in comparison, then I'd let her. As much as I wanted her to believe her worth, in the end it was her choice. Quote Begin And I definitely agree with you, there's nothing worse than someone who demands respect. It should be earned, through what a person does and says, and from example. If someone respects a person's rights and wishes, even if they can't respect them as a whole person, it makes them worthy of respect themselves.Quote End I believed that so strongly that it was a part of my makeup, of who I was. Other people's behavior did annoy me at times, but I tried to remind myself that the majority of them simply didn't have a good example to follow or had been led astray by bad examples. It helped me cope with the ridiculous attitudes belonging to my co-workers, attitudes that a lot of optimistic Americans no longer thought existed.

Quote Begin I don't like to speak loosely of colleagues, even if I don't particularly like them, so I'll just say there are a lot of cases in Index, big and small, that elsewhere would have easily been solved by now.Quote End One thing that I'd noticed, when looking for possible answers about where Sam was, was that a lot of people tended to disappear. Vanish. There were many missing person reports - and they must have only been a percentage of the actual number of missing people if there was anyone who didn't have another person to file a report for them, or if I included the many 'lost' reports in the Index station, as there were many lost pieces of paperwork. And the majority of the force honestly didn't seem to care about it at all.

The wind might have been cold, but the high vis jacket seemed to be windproof, or thick enough to keep it out. And of course I'd worn stockings, so my legs had a little protection as well. I felt thankful for the shelter of the large hedges around the edge of the estate though. Quote Begin Oh, I'm not that cold, this jacket is plenty thick enough and we shouldn't be out here long.Quote End I held the skirt of my dress carefully between too fingers and lifted it slightly, admiring the way the soft, delicate fabric fluttered when the wind caught it. Quote Begin It is gorgeous, isn't it? I doubt there's going to be many opportunities for me to dress up in this town, so I wanted to make the most of this one.Quote End I started down some steps, following the path around the house and keeping a relaxed eye on the gardens. Quote Begin Of course, it adheres to the dress code too.Quote End I added on, a cheeky smile bursting at my lips as I glanced to Peyton. It was actually a little difficult to imagine her in a dress, but her way of dressing did suit her. I'd much rather have been paired up with the secretly kind-hearted Peyton, even if he had broken a rule, than one of the pompous, over-dressed and lazy alternatives.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:20 am

The fact that she smiled and laughed so much was making my kinda uncomfortable. Maybe she was kicking it on some prescription drugs to make her night go faster and shit. That and the shit she was spouting off about that was going completely over my head. Yeah, I could personally go into her head and find out what the hell she meant, but something told me I do didn't fucking want to find out. You've totally lost me. Two ways and all that crap? I officially haven't a fucking clue what you're talking about anymore. And I didn't give a damn either being totally honest. The world was fucked. Boo-fucking-hoo. Get the hell over it.

Jesus Christ why did women talk so much. I'd had moments of saying a lot but that was usually to make a point or outline in incredible fucking detail why someone was wrong about something, leaving no room to question it. But I definitely was nothing like this. Fucking hell, she practically launched into miniature speeches with every second thing she said. What if someones wishes involved streaking daily through the mall? So what you're saying is if I wanted to respect his wishes and thought 'fuck it' and let him do it, then by doing that I deserve respect? I smirked a little, thinking the whole conversation about respect was stupid anyway. Or are you gonna be nit-picky point out the fact that streaking in the mall wouldn't exactly count as a 'right'. I half-joked.

Big surprise there. A lot of the Index cases didn't have an explanation. Not ones fucking humans would come up with anyway. And the humans that were in on it weren't about to start talking about it and risk sounding like crazy fucks. Not that Hana would know anything about that and I wasn't about to enlighten her, so I just shrugged. It wasn't hard to act like I didn't care about their shitty track record on case solving. Ugh, talking about unsolved cases would still be better than making small talk. Oh God, especially when she stared talking about her fucking dress, something I gave less than zero fucks about. I grunt and gave a lazy shrug when she called in 'gorgeous', a word I don't think I'd applied to anything other than cars and bikes. Eh, I wasn't about to play fucking Barbie just for a shitty job I didn't care about keeping anyway. It was fucking stupid to set a formal dress code when formalwear would just hinder your ability to fight. I was surprised that didn't get Miss Anti-Chauvinist all worked up seeing as women ended up the worse off too.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:34 am

The longer we walked the perimeter, the more it was becoming obvious that Peyton and I didn't exactly see eye to eye concerning the things we were talking about. It didn't bother me at first. I enjoyed meeting and spending time with people different to myself, because I found it interesting and hoped to learn something from them.

I laughed at her example, and the fact Peyton felt the need to find such a ridiculous one. Quote Begin Well, I don't think it would be right... personally, I wouldn't want a naked person running about where I could see them, but maybe we differ on that matter...Quote End I joked back, raising an eyebrow and winking at Peyton. I giggled a little and made a face of disgust at the thought, then sobered up and forced myself to answer more seriously. Quote Begin And well, I did say respect their wishes... not let them do whatever they want. Quote End I answered, nothing less, nothing more, just hinting that those two things were actually different as I glanced to Peyton from the corner of my eye. I could respect a person's wishes, or their right to want to do something, without just letting them go and do it, but I wasn't going to go into details when I was fairly sure Peyton was just trying to wind me up. It had become a daily chore in the station since my co-workers found my that I liked to organise things due to the SOPs and do things the right way, and they found it hilarious to mess up my filing or move documents from where I'd put them to try and get a rise out of me. At first I'd pretended to see the funny side, when I really didn't find it funny at all. It was a horrible world where you were bullied for doing a good job, but it was the one I lived in.

It only took one sentence for Peyton's difference in attitude to suddenly annoy me - no, more than annoy me.

I whirled around, standing in front of Peyton to block her path. I folded my arms and captured her with my narrowed gaze. She'd managed to rile me up, but maybe not in the way she'd hoped.

Quote Begin You're right, respect should be earned, but you know what? Disrespect should be earned, too. Blatantly disrespecting people just because they have differing hobbies to you is just as, or even more stupid, than respecting someone just because they're in a position of authority.Quote End The comment about playing Barbie had annoyed me, but not as much as Peyton's attitude towards the job. Quote Begin And if this is such a 'shitty' job that you don't care about keeping - why are you still here?Quote End My tone was sharp, my eyes flashing in anger before I realised what I'd said. I quickly calmed and attempted to compose myself as best as I could, smoothing out my dress again. My glare turned into a frown. Quote Begin You know, for someone who values honesty, you're sadly hypocritical when it comes to living by it. You mock me for following even small rules, which I'm used to and by no means annoyed just because another of the masses joins in by the way, when I do it because as an enforcer of the law I think it would be hypocritical of me to decide not to follow even smaller rules, but then you have the gall to act above everyone else when you obviously hate this job, this party and the majority of the people here - and yet you took this job anyway?Quote End I finished my speech, eyes wide and a little surprised at myself, but still determined. I set my mouth in a firm line and looked at Peyton with conviction. Quote Begin I'm sorry if that appears harsh, but you did say you appreciated honesty.Quote End I quickly added on, primly.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:02 am

Yeah okay so maybe I hadn't come up with the best example to prove my point, but fuck it I wasn't gonna spend forever thinking up something just to be 'right' about a subject I was rapidly losing interest in. No matter what we ended up talking about I was pretty fucking sure that this chick was just going to be all for taking the moral high ground and all that shit. She'd come out with the typically 'good' answer to shit. Eh, guess that depends on who's naked? I said, smirking a little but really just hoping we could put an end to the whole fucking discussion. Why couldn't I have been paired up with someone antisocial who I could just walk around in silence with. Or someone who didn't actually give a fuck about sticking in pairs. I recognized a statue up ahead and glanced at Hana. C'mon, there's something I gotta check over here. Damn fucking straight there was. I'd finished my steak sandwich and the food I'd stashed would still be pretty warm.

Yeah but if you respect peoples' wishes, well, people are fuckers these days and they'll probably just see that as a sign of weakness and I don't fucking know just take that as them being able to do whatever they want anyway and just get away with it. That's my experience of people from working his job anyway. And as a security guard I won't get into as much shit for punching someone as a cop would. Fuck, I didn't think I could handle that part. Most cops got away with that sort or crap yeah, but the government seemed to be kinda clamping down on that shit. Plus there was every fucking chance that the fact I owned a pair of non-obesity induced tits meant that I'd be scrutinized more than a male cop would. That was just more fucking pressure than I wanted to deal with.

Uh, what? I looked down at this Hana chick, eyebrow arched and just wondering what the fucking hell was her deal? One second I was on my way to get food and the next this little fucking princess was blocking my path. Who the fuck did she think she was anyway? Fuck, talk about taking yourself too fucking seriously. Fuck, chill your fucking bean. You've got some fucking ego on you if you think my reference to the whole 'Barbie' thing was directed at you. I was talking about myself and the fact that if I was to 'dress up' that's what I'd fucking call it. I was so done with this shit. I actually let out a short laugh before continuing. You come across as such a fucking saint but you're just as quick to jump to the wrong conclusion as everyone else out there. But you're right I really don't give a shit about still being here but I don't hate those people. I less than hate them, they might as well not exist for all the fucks I give about them. And yeah, fuck it maybe I am a hypocrite and I just haven't noticed it but then again, looks like you're one too. I stepped passed her, continuing on the few feet still left to the stop where I'd hid the food and crouching down to pull the tray out from the bush. I almost fucking grinned because it wasn't just still warm but hot. I tucked it under one arm and looked at her, gesturing at the tray. Don't give a shit about he paycheck either. So how about I just take this and the jacket as my payment and get the hell outta here? There's only like twenty minutes 'til finish anyway. Or would that upset her goddamn fucking sensibilities too? Fucking twit.

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics