setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

Index Annual Winter Ball 2014 - The Night Before Christmas - Page 5

Index Annual Winter Ball 2014 - The Night Before Christmas

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Index Annual Winter Ball 2014 - The Night Before Christmas

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:50 pm

She supposed? What the hell did that even mean? Like, fuck, I knew what it meant but why did people say shit like that in the first place? Why not just fucking make up your mind about whether you did or didn't with something instead of just 'supposing'. I rolled my eyes and glanced at her. Shit, how about I just tell you when we're out on the grounds. It's not like it's anything fucking that will get us 'in trouble' for knowing. I said, figuring that was exactly the thing that would get her fucking panties in a twist. People with good intentions and shit were really fucking easy to read. Even easier when you'd started to learn 'tells' from knowing people's true thoughts for so long.

Oh shit, looked like I'd finally hit a nerve. I smirked a little as I took in her crossed arms, actually glad that she wasn't as much as a doormat as I'd assumed. Recently I'd started to realized I fucking liked people with a bit of fire in them. Yeah, okay 'liked' was way too fucking strong a word. Maybe 'didn't hate as much as everyone else' was more accurate? Even that felt fucking weird to admit. Whatever you say, I'm not gonna try change you opinion. It's yours for a reason. I shrugged, not really caring if she disagreed with my. But omitting is fucking dishonest, it being 'right' sometimes doesn't change a thing. Then again, if someone is nosing into shit that is none of their concern then yeah, you should be able to tell them where to shove it. Now that all that shot was out of the way maybe we could finally get the fuck outside- or maybe not. Nope, she wanted to start rambling on and on about the high vis, oh what the fuck was this? I looked down at her, kinda tuning her out without meaning to and then groaning when she still kept it up. Shit, okay. Okay, we'll go get the stupid coats. If it meant she'd shut up about them I'd put up with the goddamn detour. Then she mentioned snacks and I perked up a little. Food? Well why the hell didn't you start with that? That's way more persuasive argument then fucking safety and doing it for the benefit of others. I shook my head, hoping they had meat. Or at least fucking chips or something. I caught up to her in a couple of strides then changed mine to match her shorter ones, walking in the direction of security cam room.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:32 pm

I sighed at Peyton’s attitude but also couldn’t help smiling at it too, shaking my head at her.  Quote Begin Well, I’m not sure about that but if it makes you wear a high vis… Quote End  I smiled cheekily and lead the way to the room. I hoped she wouldn’t be grumpy if it turned out there was food, even though I was quite sure there would be. Another problem was that technically it could be someone else’s food and while I was sure that wouldn’t stop Peyton eating it it made me feel uneasy just at the thought.

Quote Begin And don’t need to tell me about Carla if you’re not comfortable about it. Quote End  I said, giving Peyton a warm smile as we came to the door of the security room. For all I knew perhaps Peyton was tangled up with the manager in some way. Unfortunately I’d discovered worse affairs and connections between fellow co-workers before so it wouldn’t be the first time.

I sent her one last smile and pushed open the door. The room was small, with a large table covered with spare radios and chargers, a small countertop near a fridge and coffee maker, a chair that had the high visibility jackets strewn over it and a corner for the surveillance equipment. The lone officer watching the CCTV footage on a screen looked up at us from his seat, a box of half eaten doughnuts and an IPad next to his keyboard.  Quote Begin Hello, John. Quote End  I smiled at him, reading his nametag as I’d never met the slightly plump man before. Quote Begin We’re just going to check over the perimeters of the grounds– we’ve taken over from Eric. Quote End  I said, walking over to where there were a few coats and starting to sort through them to find the smallest.  Quote Begin Uhh… yeah. I saw him in the cloakroom… Quote End  John trailed off, obviously slightly confused but too lazy to be curious about it. If anything it just seemed he wanted us to go so he could finish eating his doughnuts and get back to whatever show I presumed he was watching on his IPad. Honestly I couldn’t care as long as he kept one eye on the footage too and did his job.

Quote Begin Here, I think this one should fit you. Quote End  I held a jacket out to Peyton and then laid it on the table, retuning to look through the others to try and find the smallest. I knew that there wouldn’t be one my exact size. The majority of people in this job were a lot larger than me and they just didn’t bother to cater for people of my stature. I selected the smallest one there was and slipped it on, the jacket still dwarfing me but being better in my opinion than nothing at all.  Quote Begin Right, are we ready? Quote End  I asked Peyton, turning to see where she was.

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:05 pm

So she was chatty and smiley? God Lord this was gonna be a long fucking night, one I wasn't even sure I'd be able to stick out at this rate. Did she have to be so chirpy about everything? I mean, fuck I bet she was horrible to have around when you'd a hangover. I dunno about it making me wear the damn thing, I just said I'd go get one. But yeah, I haven't eaten in fucking hours and I'd kill for something right now. As long as it's worth eating. Something like a hamburger would be fucking amazing right now. There was no way I was getting my hopes up that high though. As long as it wasn't shit like cookies or other sweet crap. When she spoke I managed to cut off anymore thoughts of food, glancing down at her in confusion. Why the hell wouldn't I be comfortable about it? It's nothing to fucking do with me personally, I just happen to have found out about it. I shrugged, scratching the side of my neck as I spoke. Considering you thought he was sexist and all I'm pretty fucking sure you'd love to hear about Carla. Well, if she was in any way fucking normal she would.

When we walked into the room the first thing I did was breath deeply through my nose, already starting to feel pissed off when I scented nothing that seemed even remotely fucking appetizing. I took the jacket without looking and ignored her when she asked about being ready. Instead I scowled, looking at the shitty box of doughnuts and glaring at 'John' when he caught me eye. Did you eat all the food, huh porky? I said, gesturing at the fucking sweet pieces of fat, several with only one bite taken out of them. I rolled my eyes when he started to splutter in impotent rage, muttering - Whatever. - and turning to leave. Then I had a brilliant fucking idea. Seriously genius. I glanced back at her, giving a fake little smile but one that was probably believable. I'm just gonna take a detour to the bathroom, 'kay? Meet you at the entrance. And with that I left, heading straight for a place a knew I'd get something way better than slobbery fucking doughnuts.

A little under five minutes later I finally made my way to the entrance, carrying one of those big metal catering trays that they used to keep food warm. It'd been funny really, just walking into the kitchens to snatch one and start loading it up with all a bit of everything. The were all those appetizers that were so stupidly small you could eat like five at once. But there was other shit, like fancy-ass chicken drumsticks and mini patties and just pretty much a bit of everything I could get my hands on. I'd ran into a guy a vaguely knew and had convinced him to grill me up one of the steaks that were for the dinner later on and then grabbed a few rolls. Basically I probably had enough food to feed four of five people judging by how fucking heavy the tray was. And it was all fucking mine. I smirked a little at Hana as I approached, wondering if she'd say anything. Of course she fucking would, she had something to say about everything. I'd actually but on the stupid ass jacket as a sorta peace offering. If it meant I got to keep the food I wear it. So... ready? Time to go do loads of responsible shit, yeah? I said, cocking my head to the side slightly.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:31 pm

I pressed the button on the top of the tablet again to check the time, wondering where on earth Peyton had got to. My foot tapped as I waited by the entrance to the mansion, arms folded and the sharp winter wind filtering through the door making wisps of my hair dance in the breeze. She couldn’t honestly be taking that long in the bathroom. I didn’t like to judge, but she wasn’t wearing much makeup and didn’t seem the type to slap it on or spend too much time preening. I was beginning to wonder with vague disappointment if she’d ditched me when she finally turned up.

My eyes watched her come towards me, focussing on the tray she had in her hand.  Quote Begin Yes, I’m ready. Quote End  I said slightly primly, having been ready for a while. I still smiled slightly despite it and I couldn’t help be curious about what the metal tray held. It looked like a food tray, of all things, and an extremely large one at that.

I reached out and swiftly lifted the lid, my eyes widening as I saw what it contained. The heat from it was rising from the piled up food and there was just so much of it. That much food could only mean one thing.

Quote Begin Oh, Peyton, Quote End  I turned to her, a hand resting on the jacket over my heart and a soft smile replacing my frown.  Quote Begin That’s so thoughtful of you! Quote End  I almost couldn’t believe it, but my heart swelled at the kind-hearted thing she’d done. There was no way one person could eat all that food on their own and I felt it just proved there was good in everyone even in spite of gruff exteriors. So often those hard appearances were just there to cover up the sensitive people underneath and I felt this must be the case with Peyton. Not only had she worn the jacket after all, but now she'd gone and fetched food for us too. I felt overwhelmed by it.  Quote Begin I’m almost lost for words! How did you know I was hungry? I know it might be against the rules to take food outside… but I’m sure we can bend that this one time. Nobody will see us anyway! Quote End I didn’t have it in me to punish Peyton for her good deed when her heart was obviously in the right place. I nudged her co-conspiratorially, still smiling, and reached out to take one of the smaller treats from the warm tray before replacing the lid.  Quote Begin Oh, and on a heated tray too so  they’ll stay lovely and toasty warm for us, thank you so much! Quote End  I squeezed the top of her arm again and smiled wider. It was going to be even more fun than I’d thought being in charge when I had the unlikely companion Peyton by my side.

Back to top Go down

Arden Rowe | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:32 pm

The music thing ended nowhere, in fact I think I embarrassed the poor guy, and he quickly tucked away his earbud. I could almost feel the conversation die when he decided to bring Landon into it. Here are some things you should know about Landon: 1) he hates socializing and 2)he won't even try. Apparently he missed all the lessons about playing nice with the other kiddies. Or maybe he just stopped caring. I was young when our mother died, but I was old enough to remember how withdrawn he was at first. And he got out of Aspen the moment he could. He cared about me (although he had a funny way of showing it) and he had a few close friends at his tat parlor, but that was about it. And he didn't even pretend. That was one characteristic we had always shared - we were rarely fake with people.

In short, when this Asian dude spoke to him, Landon's response was to give him a bored look and shrug. Naturally, I swooped in to try and salvage the situation and maybe get out of there. Oh, no. Landon here is my brother. Actually we were just looking for a table to sit down and eat but I just HAD to compliment her dress, I said, nodding at the redhead, so we'll just be going I finished.

I gave the guy a small smile and then pointed out an empty table to Landon. I used my crowd maneuvering skills to make our way to it and sit down. I shook my head at him, but he ignored my disapproval and instead we both dug into our heaping plates.

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics