setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

Index Annual Winter Ball 2014 - The Night Before Christmas - Page 4

Index Annual Winter Ball 2014 - The Night Before Christmas

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Index Annual Winter Ball 2014 - The Night Before Christmas

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:15 pm

Like I said, it's none of my business. Which was code for me frankly not giving a flying fuck. But I supposed it was good to know she could admit her own faults and shit, not many people could do that. Most people seemed to be convinced that they were fucking flawless, which was bullshit but people were idiots so what could you do? Really? What about all that 'change' crap? Doncha think being the president would give you that power? I mean, fuck, it's not like people will listen much to you if you don't have some degree of power. I pointed up, not just meaning her but including every other idiot who wanted to improve the world they live in and all that shit. But, shit, she could do whatever floated her goddamn boat.

Her joke kinda surprised me and I let out a brief, unintentional laugh. So she had a sense of humor after all. Good to know she wasn't was idealistic robot like I'd been thinking. All right then, detective it is. I guess meeting you isn't a total bummer either. I joked back, feeling in a better mood because of what was about to happen as soon as that asshole showed his face in here. I rubbed my hands together at the though and then cracked my knuckles, just fucking fidgeting from impatience. Her next words had me arching my brow at her again, trying to figured out if that was some sort of veiled insult. Fuck, whatever, I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and decide it wasn't. Don't feel sorry for me. I don't need the money but yeah, I can't fucking stand being lied to. Not that she'd ever guess at the exact reason why. If she wanted to be apologetic that was fine, but pretty fucking pointless in this case.

I could her footsteps heading our way again so I turned my gaze at the door a thirty seconds before he actually walked in. My lip curled again as I looked him up and down, ignoring what he said and instead turning my focus inwardly, mentally bring my telepathy to life and casting it in his direction. Human's minds were so much fucking easier to read than a super's, I didn't even need to form a connection, his thoughts were like an open fucking book to me. His smarmy fucking smile nearly made me growl and I dove right in, sifting through his thoughts for something I could use. When I found exactly what I was looking for I nearly laughed. Holy shit that was golden. Dude was a fucking cross dresser who called himself Carla. What the actual fuck was that about. Had a thing for fishnets too. 

Yeah, that fucking bonus sounds really interesting. So how about you take a second to rethink the position you have us taking for the night. An apologetic gesture for your fucking deceit? I glared at him as I practically spat the words at him, standing up again. The guy was a few inches under six foot, and I felt immensely fucking satisfied as I advanced towards him, having to look down to meet his eye. I almost laughed again when I saw him swallow nervously. A rep like mine was a handy thing to have, that was for sure. "I d-don't think- I couldn't possibly do that. Everyone already has there posts and-" Dyou know who I think would be really fucking interested in all this shit? I cut him off, grinning maliciously at him now. I think Carla would just love to here about all this. In fact, I think she's right here. At the ball I mean. The look of his face had me struggling hard then ever not to burst out laughing. Oh man, I deserved a fucking Oscar. I could hear his panicked thoughts, wondering if I really knew, how I could possibly know. He looked at Hana and then back to me, clearly wondering if I was bluffing. I shock my head slightly, causing his eyes to widen as certain rumours he'd heard went through his head. I picked up one of the handbag, a purple one, which was Carla preferred color. I think Carla would really like this, don't you? I could hear him giving in, his thoughts losing any ideas of defiance he'd had. He was wondering who he could get us to switch with. So how about you stay in here and we'll take over you're job, patrolling all areas and keeping an eye on everything. Sounds fucking perfect to me and that way Carla doesn't need to know a thing? I didn't need to be a mind reader to know I'd won this, I could see his defeat plainly on his face. I smirked as he spoke again, well, more like he fucking mumbled really. "Yes, yes I believe that would be acceptable in light of you ladies not being properly informed. Of course I had no knowledge of-" How very generous of you, ma'am- I mean sir. I said, voice dripping with sarcasm. C'mon detective, we've a very important and busy job to do. I said, glancing at her with a triumphant look before heading out of the cloakroom. Fuck that had felt fucking amazing.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:04 pm

I watched in confused bemusement as the manager as the two other people interacted, wondering how on earth I’d gotten into the situation and how it was going to pan for us to get out of it.

To my complete surprise, the manager downright submitted to Peyton and next thing I knew I was walking out of the stupid cloakroom, grabbing the  sexist idiot’s keys and tablet and leaving him behind, to go and do his job.

Once we were out in the hallway I smoothed out my dress again, looking back towards the cloakroom as I came to terms with what had just happened. It still seemed a little unreal.  Quote Begin Well, it feels a bit like we got this job by cheating, but I suppose someone has to do it… Quote End I said, with a small smile at Peyton. It did feel like we’d procured the position in a dirty way, but at the same time I couldn’t deny the man had in some way deserved it. I just felt it would be better to serve him justice by morally upright means than stoop to his level. Which was a big question in itself – how on earth had Peyton even managed to affect him so much?  Quote Begin Who on earth is Carla that made that pompous idiot back down with his tail in between his legs like a scolded puppy? Quote End  I asked, though I didn’t expect an answer from the unusual security guard I’d found myself paired up with.

I opened up the man’s tablet that obviously was provided with the job and scanned briefly through the information he had on it – a floorplan of the mansion, contact numbers of the owners and who had which radio and the frequencies they were on.  Quote Begin It looks like the grounds are due to be checked, but we could stop by the security room and fetch some high-vis jackets first. Quote End  I offered up, and waited to see if Peyton looked like she was going to take the job seriously or not.  Quote Begin Oh, and to answer your question from earlier… I don’t think a presidency would be for me. I suppose I prefer to be in the thick of things.. right out there where the action is, leading by example. The president does have a lot of power, and he probably wants to make things better… but I imagine most of his time is taken up with meetings and things like that. And I think people will listen to someone they can see is genuine more than anything… Quote End  I trailed off, ending my thoughts with a smile.  Quote Begin It’s nice that you take honesty so seriously too, it really is. It isn’t so common these days and it’s a shame. Quote End  I lightly brushed my hand against the top of her arm, thinking a squeeze would be a little too familiar. She may have been slightly unusual… but Peyton obviously had a good heart if she prized honesty and I felt a lot more comfortable with her knowing that than when I’d thought she cared more about money.

Back to top Go down

OOC Message
Guys. I AM SO SORRY. The holidays just got so crazy and I just started back to school this week so I have had NO TIME. I should have posted a LOA, I am SO SORRY! Just have Tiff excuse herself and continue without me, I'm really sorry for keeping you waiting like this!

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:27 am

Shit, that had seriously given me such a fucking rush. The look on his face, the absolute fucking fear that was so potent I could scent it off him. I mean, fuck it but that shit was hilarious. The prick was so ashamed of his little secret that I was surprised he hadn't pissed his pants at the idea of someone else knowing. It was funny thinking about the fact that he was probably wondering how the hell I had found out, imagining his wife had found out and spilled the beans, or maybe even that I'd been spying on him, which was a fucking stupid idea. The idea of what he did was funny as hell, but actually seeing it would be fucking gross. 

The chick's voice brought me out of my thinking, reminding me that she was still there and I was stuck with her for the night. Seriously, was she for real with all this righteous stuff because it was starting to feel like a fucking joke or prank or some shit like that. Cheating? Fuck no, it's not cheating. The dickhead lied and you said yourself he was sexist and whatever. He deserved exactly what he fucking got. I gave her a sideways glance before shaking my head and just looking away. Was she looking for a sainthood? Because the idea of someone feeling fucking guilty about what had just happened seemed unreal to me. But when she mentioned 'Carla' I couldn't stop myself from laughing, wondering how the fuck I could tell her about it. She'd probably see it as blackmail and get all high and fucking mighty over it. Shit, I really dunno if I should spill on that one. But it is fucking golden. I said, struggling to wipe the smirk off my face.

Outside? Great, it's stuffy as shit in here. I glanced down at her in confusion, wondering if she was asking that question to be ironic? If you wanna run along and get yourself one then go ahead. I'll wait outside if you do. Gesturing in some vague direction since I hadn't actually a fucking clue where they were kept. Then she was talking again, well, more like goddamn rambling. I barely stopped myself from groaning, wondering what the fuck I'd done to deserve being paired with Mother-fucking-Theresa. Shit, it'd been a rhetorical question, but shit, I guess the fact that you wanna be right there when shit hits the fan is kinda cool. At least you're not a fucking wimp or anything. - Uh.. thanks? I mean, yeah I really fucking hate when people lie. I mean, if they lie to my face at least I can tell, but when it's sneaky, lying by omission and shit, yeah? That I really can't stand. I shrugged, looking around and then jumping a tiny bit when she touched me. Holy shit was she a dyke? I looked at her with wide eyes for a sec before shrugging again, figuring she'd just been trying to be friendly and trying to just forget it. So we going outside or are you gonna insist on getting yourself one those jackets? Honestly i couldn't figure out why the hell she wanted it. On a night like this the grounds were lit of with fairy lights and all that twinkle twinkle shit.

Back to top Go down

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:48 am

I left the matter of the manager, knowing that although he might have deserved it, the manner in which he was served his justice was what grated on my conscience. Quote Begin Well, I suppose I’ll just have to believe you on that one. Quote End  I replied with a small smile, wondering if perhaps I was better not knowing the secret behind the effectiveness of ‘Carla’ whether Peyton was willing to tell me or not. It could always be something criminal and I didn’t want to unwittingly become a co-conspirator.

Annoyance spiked within me again at Peyton’s shooing motion, and I folded my arms and looked at her.  Quote Begin Well, I agree with you there. Liars definitely make my job more difficult too. I do think omitting certain things can be beneficial sometimes, if a person isn’t entitled to the information, but… obviously that doesn’t apply to all of this. Quote End  I was starting to ramble slightly and I knew why. I was putting off the issue of getting high vis coats, trying to work out a way to say Peyton needed a coat too that was both tactful and would actually be listened to by her. I took a subtle breath and dived in. The manager might have been a coward who easily backed down, but Peyton would be sorry if she expected me to do the same. Quote Begin Well, if you do appreciate honesty… honestly, we both need to get high vis’. You’re really pulling off the all-black look - it’s very chic - but even with the snow and lighting, extra visibility is always a good thing. I’m sure you know sometimes it’s not security stepping in that prevents people from doing something stupid, but just the presence of us. And I’d hate to cause confusion for our co-workers who’re stationed out there, especially as they’re not expecting us to be walking around out there…. so we should both wear one, really. Quote End  I smiled at her, wondering if she’d just prickle up. I glanced down at the floorplan I had on the tablet.  Quote Begin They’ll be stored in a room this way. And knowing the others that are working, most likely there’ll be snacks in there too. Quote End  I said, and started walking towards the room with all the camera footage and extra gear, looking back to raise and eyebrow at Peyton, hoping she'd actually follow. I felt like telling her it was a rule and expecting her to obey it just because would be pointless when she obviously hadn’t stuck to the dress code so far, but I didn’t know if she’d care about our safety any more and give in, or just be patronising.

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics