setting
Index was once a small and close-knit community, but the town located on the western side of Washington state has grown in recent years beyond anyone's expectations. It is the ideal place for those who work in Seattle but can't afford the city's high real estate prices, and for others the natural beauty attracts them to the town. And Index truly is a beautiful place - surrounded by thick evergreen trees, tall mountains and glistening rivers and lakes. While weather is typically rainy with overcast skies even this does nothing to take away from the beauty of the town, and it is only highlighted further when the heavy snow graces the town and caps the mountains in winter. To many, Index would seem like a paradise. And yet lurking beneath this visual beauty there is more to this town than anyone might ever imagine...

Current Time in Index, Washington:
rules
PLAYBYS: Sims from the games Sims 2, 3 and 4 are used to visually represent player’s original characters (no characters from within the franchise are allowed). But, you do not need these games to join and roleplay! If you wish, you can post a thread in our out of character / general forum and list as many physical details about your character as you wish. The members of Index will happily try and make a character for you, and you can choose which one you feel best fits your vision.

AVATARS: Avatars should display your characters face clearly and should be at least 200 pixels tall, and 200 pixels wide.

THREADING & POSTING: When threading with multiple characters, it is important that you post only when it is your turn. This can be acheived by taking note of who has posted before you, and remember you are to always post after them. If you were the thread starter, then it is your turn after the final person has joined your thread.

When creating a thread you are required to place a tag before the title. Here are a list of types of thread you can create and how to tag each one:

[Open] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, with no limit on the number of characters.
[Open - #] Anyone is welcome to join your thread, but there is a limit on the number of characters who can join. Replace the # with how many extra characters you will allow to join your thread.
[Private] Only specific characters can join your thread.
[Closed] This tag should be used for threads that only involve your character.

ACTIVITY: To keep threads moving, people are encouraged to post within three days when it is their turn. If you do not post within three days, and you have not asked people to wait for you, it is possible you will be skipped. Keep in mind this is just a suggestion. While we'd love for everyone to be active every day, we understand that real life and other hobbies are just as important, if not more. We want you to be active because you want to be, not because a rule is telling you to be.

MATURITY RATING: Public threads should all be PG. If roleplayers above the age of 18 wish to post content that could be could be considered graphic then it should be hidden from view using the [hide] [/hide] code, which will enable only those in the threads and administrators to view the content.

Index Annual Winter Ball 2014 - The Night Before Christmas - Page 3

Index Annual Winter Ball 2014 - The Night Before Christmas

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Index Annual Winter Ball 2014 - The Night Before Christmas

Rohana Khan | Wolf; Spiritual Leader

Posted on Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:27 am

My rant was cut short by the.. unusual manner of the woman and instead of being mostly annoyed, my thoughts switched to her. The look she gave my dress made me glance down just to check it hadn’t somehow become stained. It was fine and I looked back up to her with my own raised eyebrow, watching her continue what looked like rifling through the coat pockets. I didn’t say anything, just watched. It certainly seemed wrong, but then for all I knew she was checking through them for weapons or stolen goods, and I decided to give her the benefit of the doubt. The same went for her comment about my dress. Perhaps she just felt uncomfortable in them, but at the end of the day it wasn’t I that felt out of place, and I wasn’t going to argue about it. I liked my dress and that was all that mattered – even if the only other person who’d get to see it all night obviously thought it was silly.

I sighed, more quietly this time, and stayed seated, rising an inquisitive eyebrow back at her strange attitude.  Quote Begin That is a positive way to look at this, but… I’m not doing this job for the money. I wouldn’t be so annoyed either if we were allocated this room by chance, but I know it’s because they simply don’t think we’re up to properly doing the job -  because we’re women – that we’ve been put in here. Being in here is just a symptom of the bigger problem. I’m sorry if you think I’m going on and don’t care as strongly about this as I do, but it is something I care about a lot. Quote End  I watched the woman, thinking to myself. It was disappointing how so many people just… didn’t care about inequalities and prejudice. I felt I faced more than my fair share sometimes but I thought it most important that I didn’t just lie down and take it, or become apathetic. Still, I tried not to judge the woman in front of me. She likely had her own personal concerns or reasons for being that way.

If the woman in front of me cared more about money too, I felt sure that the men in charge would have neglected to tell her about the bonus. They definitely hadn’t told me about it. I’d only come across it because I’d dutifully read every inch of the briefing sheet – and as I thought about it, it made being stuck in the smallest room with no technical guests in it even more sly with how they had set up the bonus scheme. It would be especially aggravating if you cared about the money, this woman’s attitude making me sure she wouldn’t have been told on purpose – not that I’d bene informed either. I didn’t particularly care about that and yet it still would have been nice to have a little extra money this time of year.  Quote Begin Did they not tell you about the bonus? Quote End  I asked, raising my brows at her, glancing up from my seat. She seemed very tall even if I hadn’t been sitting down.

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:25 am

Damn, I actually had to fucking force myself not to laugh when she started checking her dress after my look towards it. Shit was she actually that concerned about her appearance? Like, fuck I didn't hate women or anything, but I did hate the vanity that seemed to be inherent in most of them. Guys too, especially in recent years when in became acceptable to not even look like a fucking man. Seriously, the shit they fucking wore these days was fucking stupid. Scarfs and weird balloon leg pants and crap like that, things that made you think they gotten dressed in the dark. And all that mustache bullshit too, I really hadn't a fucking clue what was going on with that. I'd never exactly been in any way concerned with fashion but these days the trends were just fucking weird.

Yeah, the fact that we don't have a dick between our legs probably factored into it but I just don't see the point in getting all fucking worked up over it. Like, what the hell does that accomplish? I shrugged again and moved on, smirking a little when I found some gum in one of the coat pockets I was looking through. I pulled it out and took one of the sticks, then held it out to the new chick. Want some? Or are you too 'I am the law' for that or whatever? I grinned a little before unwrapping the stick and popping it in my mouth. It was one stick of gum, if she was gonna have a problem with that then I'd have a fucking problem not laughing at her. I spoke again without looking her way, resuming my search of the boring ass coats. Why didn't anyone have anything fun, like a pen knife or a fucking tazer. Way I see it is that if the shit does in fact hit the proverbial fan at this shindig, then that's when you can show 'em how much ass you can kick. Hell, fact is I know how fucking good I am at what I do, probably better than anyone else here. I don't need the validation of where I'm posted to prove it when I know it. I smirked a little and started chewing my gum again, then stiffened when she spoke again, finally turning to look at her because she'd finally said something worth listening to. Bonus? Fuck, for doing what exactly? I narrowed my eyes, not really fucking concerned with the extra money but more so what the extra money would be given for.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:12 am

I watched her continue to rifle through the pockets, feeling my stomach sink a little when she took out the gum.  Quote Begin Um, no thank you – I don’t chew gum. Quote End  I said with what I hoped was tact, glad I didn’t have to lie -  because I genuinely didn’t tend to chew gum. My parents had always seen it as a little vulgar and although I’d shrugged off a lot of their traditions, others it was harder to forget when you’d bene bought up like that. Whether I’d chewed gum or not though, to me it was a matter of principle. It might have only been gum but it was still stealing. A hypocrite was exactly what I strived not to be, even if it was over something relatively trivial, but at the same time I was disappointed. I always felt so alone. Just once I’d have liked to find someone like-minded who could at least be on my side, a comrade to make difficulties easier to bear, but I supposed doing then it wouldn’t really be a difficulty at all. The challenge of doing the right thing was just part of proving my worth in my mind.  I was all for making a stand too.. but I could see that might just make things more difficult with this woman, especially right then.

Quote Begin I wouldn’t say I’m worked up exactly. Quote End  I said, smiling widely at the almost-joke and knowing that the woman really would realise if I was worked up.  Quote Begin And no, you’re right, anger for the sake of anger is a bad thing, it’s bad for your health for the start… but it can be good if you channel it into making a change. That’s what I hope to do here. Quote End  I shrugged a little, brushing at a fleck on the skirt of my dress, before carefully glancing back up at the dark-haired woman. She did have lovely hair.  Quote Begin I suppose I think instead, what does simply accepting things like that and doing nothing about injustices accomplish? Quote End  I asked back, trying to phrase it so it didn’t seem so… provocative as the woman’s words had sounded to me. I sent her a small smile and finally stood up, pacing across the room.

Quote Begin If we even hear whatever happens from in here. Quote End  I smiled, only just hearing a hum that consisted of music and the crowds from the event.  Quote Begin Oh, um, no… it isn’t validation I was wanting either. I just enjoy my job. Quote End  I smiled again, feeling that my face was going to ache by the end of the night from my attempts to keep the peace. I sensed it would be easier than responding to the fiery woman’s outburst and the last thing I needed to top the night off was an argument with someone who was technically a co-worker. The intensity with which she suddenly became interested at the mention of a bonus surprised me and I faltered, clearing my throat.  Quote Begin Well, I might like my job and perhaps other members of the police or security personnel enjoy it too, but from what I’ve heard about certain things that happened a few years ago, even those that enjoy this work might have thought twice to be on security here… in a town like this I don’t imagine serious danger or security threats happen often and it might put people off. They could have families, and some of the stories seem pretty horrific. I assumed that might be the reason for the monetary incentive, as the things I’ve heard about happened in the main areas of the mansion. Quote End  I realised I was both rambling and pacing and stopped, turning to face the woman again.  Quote Begin Anyway, this bonus, if you can call it that. In basic terms, rather than the ridiculous way they worded it in the contract, it’s an extra monetary ‘gift’, weighted by the average number of guests in the area you’re working in. So those in the ballroom and the entrance will fare out best. There was a part about anyone preventing potential incidents too but I really doubt anything will happen. I read this ball had bene going on for decades and it’s only been one time anything bad happened, even if it was extreme… Quote End  I trailed off and walked back over to the chair. When I’d read up on the event that had caused the need for such a security presence it had felt like the Winter Ball had all it’s bad luck come at once.  Quote Begin If it’s anything like the precinct I’m sure the managers set it up so their friends are in the busiest rooms, and of course they didn’t mention it to me, not that I even mind about that. Quote End  I frowned, resting my chin in my hand again. Getting a bonus to just do your job seemed almost wrong, to me. Especially the way it was set up. Quote Begin I'm sorry if they didn't mention it to you either. Quote End

I suddenly remembered myself and sharply stood up, smoothing out my dress.  Quote Begin I’m sorry, I was so busy complaining I never introduced myself. I’m Hana. I’ve just joined the Index police department. Quote End  I stepped up to the woman and offered my hand, smiling. It would be a much more bearable night if we could at least be friendly for the duration of it.

Back to top Go down

Peyton Marx | Wolf; Warlord/Battlelord

Posted on Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:16 pm

Exactly like I'd expected she said no to the gum, like taking one small piece would damage her ability to take the moral high ground or some shit. For a second I wondered if she was lying about the whole not chewing gum thing and thought about finding out if that was a lie or not. I mean, it would be really fucking easy to do exactly that but whatever, I wasn't concerned enough to find out. Your loss, they're cherry flavor. Fuckin' A right? I walked back over to the coat I'd taken it from and returned it, even though if I'd been alone I'd have just pocketed it. I mean, fuck it was just gum. Who the hell would actually care if someone stole their fucking gum? Whatever.

Well, you seemed pretty damn worked up when you came in ranting about 'sexist pigs' but hell, it's none of my business anyway. I might have said 'seemed' but I'd say we both knew she'd definitely been fucking worked up when she'd come in. I mean, fuck, why couldn't people admit when they were fucking pissed about something? Why did they bother putting on some fake ass face that was supposed to convey how perfectly fine they were? Such bullshit. Like this chick, was she for real spouting off about 'channeling' shit for the greater good or whatever the hell she was saying. I gave her a skeptical look before turning back to my search and then just giving up. Well, no secret guns or knives anyway. Yawn, these people were fucking boring anyway.Damn you sound like you'd be great for writing those presidential speeches. Frankly I didn't give a shit about things changing, I'd leave that to people like her.

Fuck she was a smiley chick. I arched a brow at her and didn't return it, just waiting for her to move on and get to the part I actually wanted her to talk about. You'd think a bonus would be something you'd be told about, a fucking incentive to do a better job. I turned my head so she couldn't see me roll my eyes a little when she started going on and on about what had happened here before. I fucking lived here and worked the security circuit and she wasn't telling me anything I didn't already know. It wasn't until she finally mentioned the bonus again that I shifted my gaze back to her. I listened, feeling my lip curl at what she was saying, not that it was directed at her. That fucker. I growled, my voice low with anger. That dishonest prick. I unclipped my radio from the side of my waist, raising it to my mouth and pressing a button on the side, hearing it crackle to life. Hey boss, your presence is required in the cloakroom- immediately. I waited, half expecting him to ignore it. Luckily for him he didn't. "I'm afraid I can't quite get away right now-" Quit brown-nosing whatever sponsor you're with and get over here. Lotsa expensive crap belonging to the guests in here... shame if something happened to- "I'll be right there!" I smirked through my anger and clipped the radio back in place, turning my attention back to the chick. What the hell do you have to be sorry for? Don't be. I grabbed a couple of bags off the table they'd been placed on and put them underneath before sitting on the space I'd cleared. Hana, huh? I'm Peyton, just a lowly security guard, officer. I said sarcastically, but in a way that was still a joke. I took her hand and shook it once before letting it drop again. Body contact with other people wasn't exactly something I encourage. Most of the time anyway, though I'd had my slip-up's.

Back to top Go down

Posted on Wed Jan 07, 2015 1:09 pm

I smiled at her comment on gum, thinking I’d have preferred strawberry anyway if it had to be fruit-flavoured, but I didn’t say anything.  Quote Begin I suppose I was worked up. Quote End I gave in, just to try and keep the peace. Everything this woman said seemed to be with the intention of riling me up or causing conflict. I wasn’t sure it was intentional or if her personality was simply like that, but I was determined not to allow her to achieve it either way.  Quote Begin Oh, I think I’d hate to be president. Quote End  I commented with a smile, trying not to focus too much on the fact she’d simply been going through people’s property,  Quote Begin I just like to try and do something. It’s probably not much, but it’s better than nothing. Quote End

While I’d expected the money to cause a reaction, I hadn’t expected one as intense and I was taken aback. I watched in surprise as Peyton called the manager, both worried and yet at the same time, excited that this injustice might get sorted out. it may end up being for the wrong reasons but it certainly seemed like Peyton had some amount of power over the man. I couldn’t help thinking with incredulity how she could jump into action over our station apparently over money, but that she didn’t have the will to do anything when it had only been self-respect. While I knew money was important, self-respect meant a lot more to me.

Quote Begin Well, it’s nice to meet you Peyton, lowly security guard… though technically, it’s detective, not officer. Quote End  I smiled, hoping I hadn’t read her sense of humour wrong. And it would have been sergeant back in my old station if I hadn’t taken this demotion, but as much as the thought of going down the ladder had stung, it was for a good reason. I had to keep reminding myself of that. In my old station detectives wouldn’t have even been asked to do this type of work, but then they were treating the event with a lot of priority and the small force in Index meant I had to do a few things that wouldn’t normally be expected of detectives. I didn’t mind picking up a little slack. Unfortunately for my dim-witted male colleagues, making them coffee when ordered would never be something I’d do, no matter how many times they asked.

Quote Begin Well, I was sorry for you. For both of us really, having been lied to. It’s not bad to be apologetic. Quote End  I said, standing my ground on that one, if as politely as I could. I smiled at Peyton to show I wasn’t being argumentative just as the manager breezed in. I stood up immediately and faced him. The redness of his cheeks made it obvious he’d been walking fast, though as soon as he’d entered the door he slowed down and tried to play it cool, clearing his throat. It did nothing to change the tension in the air.

Quote Begin Hello ladies… you needed me? Quote End  he asked, rubbing his hands together and looking between us. He barely gave me a second glance and after a small frown at Peyton’s attire he beamed at us, obviously waiting for an explanation. His moronic smile made me want to punch it off his face out of embarrassment for him – I didn’t need to be a detective to tell he was nervous and the pathetic attempts to cover it up just made it worse. I just crossed my arms.  Quote Begin I think Peyton here is curious about the bonus set out in our contracts for tonight, unless I’m mistaken. Quote End  I said, as politely as I possibly could when I absolutely hated the man. He might have been a prize asshat but unfortunately he was still in a position of authority. He noticeably paled and glanced to Peyton, leaving me to raise an eyebrow at his behaviour and wondering what on earth it was that made him so cautious of her. She may have been a little prickly in the time I met her, but she seemed a nice enough person and a capable security officer.

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Index is best viewed using Google Chrome.
Site Designed and Coded by Evie.
Administrator & Founder: Evie.

Forum Statistics